Chip/Tuning Advice needed!

Ok soo i have a mk4 vr6 i have some plans for it and one of them is chipping it, most likey Giac. But do i really need a chip if i am goin to dyno tune my car? Another idea i had was to get a Apexi Super AFC (which my friend has and wants to sell to me) and then dyno it? So do i really need the chip, is it going to give me more power after the fact of dyno tuning? Any help/advice or maybe other options well help me alot. Thanks

If you are "dyno tuning" it does that not mean that you will be remapping it yourself on a rolling road making an aftermarket chip not necessary ? Or am I mis-understanding what "dyno tuning" is ?

Personally I think the gains from a chip alone are not worth the money, do some additional mods, CAMS, zorst, Induction and then a chip would give some worth while gains.

If you are "dyno tuning" it does that not mean that you will be remapping it yourself on a rolling road making an aftermarket chip not necessary ? Or am I mis-understanding what "dyno tuning" is ?

i would be taking it to a company that would be tuning it for me, but the thing is inorder to tune the car... they need some sort of chip or plug n play system to be able to tune.

And ill try to call Vince today, and get back to you guys on what he says.

'Chip' tuing the American MK4 12v is more than worth while even in standard form. There are lots of things to iron out in the software even on a stock engine!

You dont need a 'chip' installed in your ECU, as any decent tuner will be able to load the stock chip that is already in your ECU.

have a look at C2motorsports.net

Contact Chris @ c2motorsports.net he will be able to advise you

You dont need a 'chip' installed in your ECU, as any decent tuner will be able to load the stock chip that is already in your ECU.

I called up Adrenaline a local St Louis shop i have used in the past, and like my previous car which required an Apexi VAFC to tune, they said that they need either a chip or a computer manager/programmer to tune with.

it is possible to remap and tune the car on the original stock chip? then what are the advantages of installing an aftermarket chip? Adrenaline offers 100 dollar dyno tuning where as a Giac chip cost 300.