Brake judder in the snow

oh right thats cool lol

Tahts why i asked a question, knowledge is key lol.

I read my last post and starting thinking "omfg what if hes an internet warrior, this could be all out war :S"

but nah thats cool, this is still the best forum i have used yet, people lsiten to comments and ask questions instead of getting on their high horse

i likes it!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good point about the traction control.. is it the OBD2's that have it or optional extra or something?

And how can I tell if it actually works, I know that it "should" work only under 30% throttle, is this true?

I have heard noises before, but don't know if it's the ABS pump kicking in. I used to get it when my wheel speed sensor packed up as I was driving and went to pull away.

I agree.. first time I've driven the VR in the snow tonight and WOW is it different to my old 1.0 polo. The polo with 165 tyres was like an ice skate!! and obviously didn't have ABS!

The ABS on mine works fine thank God, but not sure what to make on the traction control.. all it seems to do is make a noise from the fuseboard. Presume this is just a relay to the pump?

Can't feel anything gripping but in ice i probably won't.. will have to see tomorrow if you can see it locking the spinning wheel.

ABS is worse in the snow.. your car pritty much wont stop full stop.

Because you can't get any traction it just removes brake pressure all together.

If you can stop a car from locking up buy foot... or never get into that situation then you can stop a car in the wet snow and dry quicker without ABS