Picked up a VR6 a couple of months ago and it had a few issues. I have solved most of them, but I have yet to solve the following.... One of the El Windows are playing up.

Its a 2 door car, and one of the windows goes only part by part, up or down. If I press, and hold the button the window moves 2 inches or so, then stops. I then have to press agin, and it moves another couple of inches. It opens and closes all the way, only issue is the interuptions. Its the same for both switches controlling this window. (passenger side window)

I have searched and read about this topic, page up and page down, and checked the following.....:

-checked the cables inside the rubber to the doors, all fine.

-Lubricated the ''frame''

-Last I dismounted the window from the lifting mecanism and ran it without the window, same thing was happening.

-the wires are tight and well lubricated............

So, what do you recon... New regulator, or new motor, or both???? Or any other suggestions?

Cheers!

• 4 weeks later...

Basic settings? Sounds like the motor doesn't know where it's stop points are. Send the window all the way up, then hold the switch in the up position for a couple of seconds, there should be a confimation click, this may also have to be done at the reg's base stop too. Not sure if this will work, but it's worth a try.

I have exactly the same problem on the drivers side window. But not only that ! Sometimes refuses to go up or down ! It waorks again ONLY if i switch off the engine (turn off the key) and switch again ! That happens randomly and till now i haven't find the reason .....

Basic settings? Sounds like the motor doesn't know where it's stop points are. Send the window all the way up' date=' then hold the switch in the up position for a couple of seconds, there should be a confimation click, this may also have to be done at the reg's base stop too. Not sure if this will work, but it's worth a try.

[/quote']

Didnt work either. I got the two clikcks, but its still the same.

New motor on order.