my new and very first VW......vr6

Looks tidy mate :) Is that dusty mauve? Looks same colour as mine.

Only had mine a few months and it's my first VW too. Don't know why I messed about with Fords for so long. Lol

Cheers bud, yeah its dusty mauve, it is pretty tidy, but there is a few things i really need to sort out asap.....rust under the rear arches, and a wet floor inside!! i think the wet floor has just come around because the sunroof drains are blocked.

thats possible' date=' but also check the rubber door seals as they can wair in odd places as i found out on my old 16v.

[/quote']

Brilliant, thanks for the advice i will be checking that out asap. i have plans to get rid of all the rusty places around the car, especially round the sill areas, as they seem to be worse affected than anywhere else, hopefully it wont cost too much!!!

thats possible' date=' but also check the rubber door seals as they can wair in odd places as i found out on my old 16v.

[/quote']

Brilliant, thanks for the advice i will be checking that out asap. i have plans to get rid of all the rusty places around the car, especially round the sill areas, as they seem to be worse affected than anywhere else, hopefully it wont cost too much!!!

Must be a dusty mover thing, found my sills had a couple of holes in yesterday. Oops. Luckily enough a mate of mine is going to sort it out for me. What areas of body work are tatty mate?

[/quote']

Must be a dusty mover thing, found my sills had a couple of holes in yesterday. Oops. Luckily enough a mate of mine is going to sort it out for me. What areas of body work are tatty mate?

Well i had to have a new boot door, as it was rotted thru behind the number plate, and that wasn't resprayed quite in the same color, so that'll be addressed at a later date, the rear arches need sorting as there is rust under the plastic extensions, and the sill too, but they'll rust treated and undersealed, and if there is any welding needed, that'll be done too. Other than that, its isn't too bad really, just cosmetic stuff ie. stone chips and the like. Is it normal that they are thirsty cars?? Cuz mine is a guzzler...its used just under half a tank of fuel and i've only done 65mile!!! maybe it needs tuning? hopefully is isn't anything serious! ha ha

They are thirsty but you learn to drive to keep your consumption down. Lol. The fuel bill on mine taught me a very quick lesson on how to drive economically. Mine has gone behind the plinth on the tailgate, bottom of the rear screen, rear arches (under the kit) and the sills under the sill covers. I decided to ditch the plastic arch covers because they retain so much crap off of the road and secondly, I think it looks so much better. Take a look at my car thread, there's a few pics on there without the kit on :)

should get more mpg than that mate' date=' they are thirsty tho, but not as bad as some mags make out.

theres lots of little things to consider like leaky injectors, nasty s.plugs etc... all makes a difference, wat mpg are you getting on your MFA trip on ya dash?

[/quote']

Its reading 26mpg on the run to work, but the fuel gauge indicates otherwise! its a steady 70mph trip to work up the A5 d/c.