it's not that bad - if your going to leave the tyres on then mask them off with gaffer tape and newspaper then cover the old ones in nitromors to strip all the old paint off - this is the worst bit and does take a while- plenty of scrubbing with a wire brush and be liberal with the nitromors When they are finished you need to wash them to get all the crud off. Then go to local paint place and get some ratlle cans - primer and the colour you have chosen and some clear lacquer - you will need about 1 can of primer and 3 cans of colour and 3 of lacquer. Then set to work - one coat of primer, several coats of colour and lots and lots of lacquer. If they are not too bad then don't worry about the nitromors and just rub them down with a wire brush mate.

• 2 months later...

wot you need to do mate is if you've got curbing then get some p180 grit sandpaper and sand the curbing out then after that p 400 grit the hole wheel as well as where applied the 180 then get hold of some grey scotch and rub the hole wheel down and you should notice that the 400 scratches ahve gone then get hold of some 1k basecoat in a aerosol unless have spray gun and spray them couple of coats then get some 2k laq which is best in my opinion then dust one coat on leave for 2 mins then apply heavier until desired finish is reached

hope this helps or you could just pay me to do them i do it mobile and do it day in day out so ne q's just ask