I took a drive to Hatfield last night from Hitchin with is roughly about 15 miles from each other so as usual i used the A1, on the way i noticed that my head lights seemed to be a bit dim but carried on regardless. I turned off at Hatfield (tesco roundabout) and noticed my idle revs were up a little then it started raining. baring in mind i've already got my heaters on, stereo on with amped sub, lights on, and now my wipers. Then it happened everthing all of a sudden stopped stereo went crazy so i turned that off, wipers stopped all lights went off petrol guage went down to zero all heaters stopped and then i just rolled to a stop into the layby. the car was still running but very lumpy and was misssing a lot then it conked out.

After i left it 5 mins i started it again as i only needed to get another 50 meters down the road to my mum's house. i revved it a up a bit then all of a sudden everthing came back to life.

left it for a while outside my mum's then drove back home to hitchin but i only had my lights on and nothing else, and i got home fine.

I'm a bit baffled all i can think of is alternator maybe ???!!!!!???