Hi all, I am really in need of some help.

My golf was driving fine, then one day there was a little bit of hesitation when driving but it went away when the car warmed up.

Then after sitting for 3 days it just refused to start. I have checked everything. i am getting spark to all 6 plugs, I have cleaned all the plugs and there is fuel getting there but it still won't start. it just turns and turns and turns.

My mate said it might be the water/ coolant temperature sensor so i replaced that but still nothing. I have had a booster on the battery and sprayed carb cleaner into the air intake. but stil no joy.

I have a clifford alarm and as far as can tell the immobiliser is turning off. The ignition comes on and fuel is pumping.

Now I am banging my head against the wall repeatedly.

Please help!!!!

John

if you are sure you have spark and fuel then really there are two other things to look at. Is the spark strong enough? and is it at the correct time?

If you are dizzy then check contacts etc. If coil pack then use engine block and pliers. to check spark.

After that you are looking at sensors or the ecu. May be worth disconnecting the battery for 10 mins and reseting as a last resort.. Do you have VAGCOM? anyone local who does???

me again....

My friend came round with his laptop and a connector, but we couldn't find the port to connect the laptop up to. He said he was convinced it was behind a panel next to the ashtray but it didn't look like it was there. There should have been a panel that slies out of the way, but this looked fixed in and part of the dash.

anyone know where or what type of connection would be on my early K reg vr6??

the big blank above the ash tray has my clifford switch in it so i removed it carefully, then removed the other two blanks. Behind them, there was a small 2 pin grey (or black) plug and a white one. Are these the ones I need to hook the laptop up to?

thanks

john

the big blank above the ash tray has my clifford switch in it so i removed it carefully' date=' then removed the other two blanks. Behind them, there was a small 2 pin grey (or black) plug and a white one. Are these the ones I need to hook the laptop up to?

thanks

john

[/quote']

yep