Help with Mrk 3 Brakes Please!

Hello..

I have a '95 Mrk 3 Golf VR6

It has unfortunatly failed its MOT on the rear brake disk, so i decided to chane both rear disks and pads, after having problems with the rounded off allen key bolts i managed to replace both disks and pads, but the OSR pad is sticking and making a nasty humming sound, (the disk doesnt spin round freely by hand either) so after a short journey the disk is very hot! - i added all the parts to the new disk, used a wind back tool to push the piston back in the caliper but after you apply the brakes it just sticks again. I can only think to replace the caliper now ???

After this is finally sorted ive got to replace the brake pipes as there corroded enough to fail the MOT! -

I can't find any info' on here about the best method and maybe a map of the pipes, etc, I have 25ft of pipe and 4 male & female unions.

One more prob! it also failed its MOT on the ABS light not illuminating when you switch the ignition on. ive checked the fuse which is ok, so will i have to somehow get inside the dash the check if the bulb has blown!?

or will i need to hook it upto VAG COM? Also could these 2 problems be related?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Matt

mk3 rear calipers are prone to siezing. one of mine only lasted 5 years.

the abs light / air bag light unit simply pops out with a little force. it could be disconnected or else, as you say, blown. being on all the time will do that.

you'll need to get it on vagcom to diagnose any faults with the abs. shouldn't effect the brake operation

Thanks for the reply, I managed to do the brake pipes ok, and ive changed the caliper and its still sticking, so now its had a new disk, pads, and caliper and still its causing me problems, does anybody have any idea what else could be causing this? (running out of time for the re-mot!)