when i came to fit my HIDs to my 95 golf i found that when the headlights were on the HIDs worked fine HOWEVER when i just had the sidelights on my HIDs would flash like a strobe (pretty cool effect but highly illegal).So i spent a couple of hours tracing the problem back to a small voltage going to the headlights when i just had the sidelights on. (3-4 volts i think) but thats enough to make the hids flash.

I found that some Vw were fitted with day dipped driving circuit . Which meant your normal headlights got a slight voltage when your sidelights wereon for driving during the day.(i may have the name wrong sorry)

Solution

I removed the headlight switch and checked for a 12v feed when the headlights are on and made sure there were 0 volts when lights switched off.

Cant remember what colour wire i used to power the HIDs but it was very easy to run the 12v feed to both HIDs

Hope this helps

Any probs contact me on 07921 519734

Baz Coombs

or instead of all that you can do this simple 5 minute mod that will solve the problem with the current wiring system that makes it so much less of a hassle

remove the headlight switch and take out the yellow wire at position 3 labelled 56D, that is the dim dip resistor'd wire. I just popped the connector out of the plug and heatshrink'd over it and left it hanging off the loom.

Discconecting this from the back of the plug stops the dim dip feature and you get no power to the dip headlights on sides and get full power to the lights when the switch is on headlights position

Part #s that end in G, AH (rear fog only), and AJ (front and rear fogs) have the dim-dip resistor wire. Part #s that end in F (motorised headlight adjustment) dont have dim dip.

or instead of all that you can do this simple 5 minute mod that will solve the problem with the current wiring system that makes it so much less of a hassle

remove the headlight switch and take out the yellow wire at position 3 labelled 56D' date=' that is the dim dip resistor'd wire. I just popped the connector out of the plug and heatshrink'd over it and left it hanging off the loom.

Discconecting this from the back of the plug stops the dim dip feature and you get no power to the dip headlights on sides and get full power to the lights when the switch is on headlights position

Part #s that end in G, AH (rear fog only), and AJ (front and rear fogs) have the dim-dip resistor wire. Part #s that end in F (motorised headlight adjustment) dont have dim dip.

[/quote']

TOP MAN CHEERS ...BARRY..