New daily..Mk 3 VR ..... not so new now but has had a bit of an overhaul!

So after owning a quite a few vws over the years, I have never had the pleasure to own a mk3 VR.. Back in Oct I bought a cheap mk3 gti to save running the R32 over the winter months in London. The car was great and it was fun to drive but a bit of shock with the lack of power.. Then last week I had a friend offer me his Dragon Green Vr as he was off travelling.. so out went the Gti and in came the VR6!

Now having spent a bit of time on getting the Gti to my spec but the new owner just wanted it as standard so It gave me the option to swap the fresh Weitecs, heated mulberry interior and a few other bits over on to the new beast!

So not sure on the way this will go.. dont want to go to crazy on her just yet and mainly because I have two other vr projects to look after, but who know where it will end up!

P1180254.jpg/img]

So as you can see its all nicely slammed! A few quick mods of ditching the rear spoiler and fitting a new momo and its all ready to go, although would love to get the standard exhaust replaced...

Sadly though this is not as rust free as the previous mk3, in fact its going to need two new wings and also needs a bit of paint on the rear drivers door.

Havent yet had a chance to offer up a set of wheels too her yet or fit the leathers but watch this space..

• 1 month later...

well a little update..finally.

New leather fitted, with matching doorcards.. With OEM matching arm rest!

P1180289.jpg

Also have the highline raised console and managed to get a handbrake gaitor for 5.99 off the bay!

To be honest I was a little worried about the match up with the mulberry leather and dragon green, but to be honest it really works!

I tell you mate, I wish I took more photos!

Also completely updated the ignition system on Saturday, new oem plugs, and bought a set of leads and coilpack distributor from GSF. All fitted within half and hour and now running super sweet!

pic whoreing..

P1180288.jpg

So engine wise, all is good. Milteks all fitted, although I still have the decat pipe to do, hasnt been done yet mainly due to lack of time, due to work missions..

I went to tackle it a couple of sundays ago, but the bolts are rusted up real bad so they need to be cut, then the lambda looks poistivley welded in. Need to start it first thing on Saturday, just so I have a bit of time in case I need to pool in some resources!

Wanting to make the VR ultra reliable (dealing with a daily central london commute and a few Ring missions)

I have been looking at getting some Samcos, in fact rang up yesterday to price up a set..... then this morning on the way in to work BANG! the pipe from the head to the heater exploded, Sods Law. annonyingly its a 4 week wait until Samco can make up a set so looks like I am going to have to buy a dealer option..£ 36 !

Had a nice touch on rust free panels going cheap..

P1180257.jpg

P1180259.jpg

oh and some treats...

P1180258-1.jpg

IMG_0573.jpg

On the missions over the weekend, and needed to tend to a few things.

The car has been running a little lumpy on idle, so I cleaned out the throttle body which was caked in crap, now its running very sweet, and the pedal is very responsive!

Also finally the decat is on, you can reallly notice the difference, it seems to pull harder now, also the sound is a little more raspy which is all good.

I put some hours in over the weekend, I managed to get all the wheels together and got the tyre guy to fit the tyres....as always patience is a virtue, and annoyingly one of the wheels.. the last one sealed had a little leak! Damm, should of let the silicon cure off a little longer.. oh well.

so with spacers on

very nice mate looks sweet,brave aswell putting the mulberry interior in,,but i can just imagine how good it really goes together,i thought it was going to look odd in mine as mines mystic blue but i think the mulberry would look good in any colour car,,ps lovin that arm rest:) i want 1,lol

Cheers guys much appreciated, your right mate I almost wrote off the mulberry interior as a viable option for the car but glad I tried it out as it really works well with the Dragon green.

The actual interior was previously in my old Gti which was mystic blue, you shouldnt have any probs there mate as it looked spot on with the blue.

....regarding the arm rest its such a nice touch, it was a very lucky find!

So due to the fourth tyre not holding air, I need to take it apart and go again.

In the mean time I have had a set of ABTs stored up, waiting for a paint change and a set of 'safe' tyres, as they are running 185 35 17, which are like roller skates in the wet..

I thought a black spray can and a nice day on sunday, I decided to spray them up..

IMG_0578.jpg

Managed to get a good deal on a set of toyos, from black circles, so should now get some sought of grip!

• 1 month later...

Little Update!

Finally got round to finding another wing, so fitted them both up with a new door at the rear so the cars looking pretty rust free now!

P1180396.jpg

P1180413.jpg

before.

P1180410.jpg

After!

P1180442.jpg

Rolled the archs a little more as needed a bit more clearance to get a little lower and popped out the inner archs so no srcubing on lock.. just need a little camber on the back, but Damm caliper bolts are rounded off at the back so thats for another weekend...

P1180461.jpg

Also had a complete collant over haul, new crack pipe, therm housing, rad and a nice set of fruitly coloured samcos cheers to Paul @ Regal for that..

? !

P1180488.jpg

P1180477.jpg

P1180486.jpg

More fun to come..

• 2 weeks later...