Nurburg convoy and meeting points - UK side

We'll be staying overnight in Dover - get enough disruption overnight without having to drive through it too. I did the leaving home at midnight thing on the first trip and I was knackered when we got there - I just went to bed. I also did the driving down and kipping in the car thing two years ago. A word of advice: take lots of warm blankets. It's amazing how cold it gets in a car at night!

Oh, and we'll see you on the ferry, not in the tunnel. Still, those travelling from the West Country on Thursday night are welcome to convoy. We will stop on the way to Dover for a bit and will grab food either on the way or when we get there.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mrs just told me am on the floaty one!! Probably staying overnight at passengers house just of top of M25, (South Mimms) but don't have to if anyone wants to come to Oxford (where I live) and crash for a few hours or take a rest and can convoy with you? not fussed, let me know

Mrs just told me am on the floaty one!! Probably staying overnight at passengers house just of top of M25' date=' (South Mimms) but don't have to if anyone wants to come to Oxford (where I live) and crash for a few hours or take a rest and can convoy with you? not fussed, let me know

[/quote']

will run that one by Sal when i speak to her to morrow, was thinkin of leavin Glos around 10 ish and crashing down at maidstone, but Oxford would be good imo, ,let you know what she thinks mate but thats a good offer , cheers , and it will be good to meet up and convoy onwards ..

exactly! haha! too excited now, and need to get to sleep for the normal work stuff thing now!! 21days to go yet??!! woohoo!! Apparently, I have a dizzy that needs replacing/repairing, so putting that on the list, not sure what it is yet, I remember distributor caps from days gone by, but sure my car doesnt have one of those....

Ok.. booked up tunnel today, only one I could get on within times to wait for others was 04:29 (so we should be able to either wait for a few hours or drive on up to site) and 20:42 on the return journey, so we can cruise back with you all and then wait for a while!

but the main thing is WE ARE IN!

oh and as you are arriving that much earlier and driving the van you might as well head onwards and we will catch you up :) :) pm me your mobile matey :)

Catch up ...? Lol were in the t5 with sportline software! That van doesnt even know its towing!

But coolio we'll head on and set up camp or get sum extra laps in!!

Ok.. booked up tunnel today' date=' only one I could get on within times to wait for others was 04:29 (so we should be able to either wait for a few hours or drive on up to site) and 20:42 on the return journey, so we can cruise back with you all and then wait for a while!

but the main thing is WE ARE IN!

yeaaa happy days. be better for having you along Jake, not that it would;nt be good without you lol.

Hows Betty?????????

[/quote']