Spadam's vr6 build thread (For Sale)

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you need a special ending tool which i didnt have and a mate did for me, other than that its a piece of cake really, i didnt have a special bender or anything just did it by hand to match what came off the car, i think the unions were just the standard size, because i cut them from before the rear arm i did have to washer the new lines out so they sat in their little brackets nice and securely, when you are under your car you should see what i mean

Ive brought 25ft of Brake pipe with 10 male unions and 10 female unions sure paul said he had the tool to flare the ends.

After the calipers are sorted its time to polybush the wishbones then the rear axle all ready for the ring next year.

You are always loosing interest, give it a chance. The joys of owning an older car balance the scales at cheap purchase price but continuous care and maintenance. The more performance we chase the more maintenance that comes with it. If you are only doing short journeys or it is sat for periods then you may see some moisture in your oil / exhaust smoke. Come on Adam after all your efforts it is turning a corner.

Yea no worries paul is going to get back to me next week as ive got 10 days off between christmas and new year so want to get all my bits sorted.

New calipers, disks pads, hoses, brake lines, rear brakes and bearings, wishbones, ball joints poly bushes etc, Should all be in a days work. lol