How to disable dim dip on sidelights !!! ESSENTIAL IF YOU INSTALL HIDS !!!

As a few people have encountered this problem i thought i would post up a 5 min guide on how to stop the dip beam lights coming on dimly with the sidelights, some have this feature, others do not. This guide will show you how to solve it, either if you just dont want them to come on with the sidelights, or if you are fitting HIDS.

This is really an essential step when installing HIDs as they flicker and strobe with the dim dip feature in place.

Part #s that end in G, AH (rear fog only), and AJ (front and rear fogs) have the dim-dip wire.

Part #s that end in F (motorised headlight adjustment) dont have dim dip so this isnt necessary.

First remove the ABS light by sticking your fingers under the side and pulling it towards you.

100_1414.jpg

Push this tab in hard and pull the headlight control towards you

100_1415.jpg

It should just slide out

100_1416.jpg

The part number is on the bottom, mine ending AJ means i need to disconnect this wire to disable the dim dip.

100_1420.jpg

Look at the back of the headlight switch and take out the yellow wire in the plug at position 3 labelled 56D, that is the dim dip resistor wire. I just popped the connector out of the plug and heatshrink'd over it and left it hanging off the loom.

100_1417.jpg

100_1418.jpg

I looped mine back down the foam to keep it out of the way and so as not to rattle on anything

100_1419.jpg

Discconecting this from the back of the plug stops the dim dip feature and you get no power to the dip headlights on sides and get full power to the lights when the switch is on headlights position

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...