Picking up a VR6 tomorrow :)

I commute 50 miles a day on clear dual carriage ways and sit at 60 in the mornings

My average trip for the last 12000 miles is 31 mpg. I normally get around 290 to 310 from a tank

Best ever was 42mpg for a 60 mile trip!

A few quick pics taken after I gave the cars a quick wash.

P5061774.jpg

P5061776.jpg

It really need a good going over with the clay bar, but it cleans up well. I wasnt too keen on silver cars, becasue I like to see good reflection shots so always perferred the look of a darker colour car, but its really growing on me + I havent seen many silver mk3s around.

Plans are to start on the arches soon as, to get them rolled and the rust sorting but still keeping the original lines. The front part of the sills need a little bit or work, but on a whole its a clean car. Took it to ACR today and they said it was a really good clean mk3 VR and the engine sounds and runs really nice.

It came with angel eyes, but ive since replaced them with the standard mk3 lights and sold the angel eyes.

Not sure whether to go with a vento front, the mk3 front is growing on me now. My friend has taken his vento apart and has a vento front sat in his spare room so quite tempted to take it off him but it would need painting with it being mystic blue.

As for wheels, cant make my mind up whether to go with 16s or 17s.

Got the oil and oil filter changed at ACR today and it runs sweet. Little scuff mark on the sump form where its caught but its fine. I am on the look out for a shallow sump.

Quite a few of my firends are going to york raceway on bank holiday monday and im in two minds whether to go or not. Would be nice to see what the VR can do, but I dont want anything to happen with it running nice.

Thanks. Yeah the polo is alot better on fuel haha (polo is for sale)

The VR isnt too bad on fuel, gets about 33ish mpg on the motorway (but have seen 38mpg) and mid 20s around town, but most of my miles are on on the motorway.

I was going to put the twists on the golf, but im not how they'd suit (beige and silver wouldnt go, so they would need painting).

Well I bought my first VR. Sills were fine' date=' he gave me a replacement divers wing cos that was the worst. The other arches have rust but it can be sorted.

Its very loud! I want it quieter, both inside and outside the car. But the noise is amazing.

Had a steady drive back and the computer read 38mpg, not bad.

Having a bit of a problem with the indicators though, but I might be becasue the front passenger side is out. But the left arrow on the dash lights up (doesnt flash) every now and then and when I hit the foot brake? Any ideas?

bad earth on the lights my old nova used to do the same either that or your flasher can is packing up

[/quote']