Has anyone tried any aftermarket front brakes on their VR's?

I have been looking at the TAR.OX and AP racing 4 and 6 pot calipers.

Tarox do a 'budget kit with 6 pot calipers but cast 1 piece brake disks (as apposed to 2 piece discs with an alluminium hub) for just over £1000 or with the 2 piece disks for £1600

AP racing do a 4 pot kit with 2 piece disks for £1641 inc VAT. Both manufacturers include a fitting kit and braided hoses etc with their kits.

I just wondered if anyone has tried either of the above kits and what their experiences were with them.

Buy a pair of mk4 r32 calipers, a pair of ebc turbo groove discs and red stuff pads, a set of r32 goodridge hoses, all for ALOT less than £1000! Probably £6-700 They work very well, but all depends on what your actually upgrading for.

I'd echoe what Paul has said as this is a very good setup but will need 17's to fit over the top. There is more to consider though as R32 discs are very expensive to replace and so 312's are a sound alternative. For the money you are considering you could buy Porsche 6 pots from a breaker and for a lot less Brembo 4 pots from a Seat. IMO that is a lot of money for no real gain, other than car park cudos.

I want to run a maximum of 16" wheels (running 16X7.5 Pro races at the minute.)

So im limited to approx 305mm disks at most. Also, the aftermaket sets do have the added advantage of being lightweight, especially with the alluminium hubs.