just tryin to hook my vr6 to vag.com with the diagnostic lead and it will not work ??

using xp

up to date software and a lead !!

i really want to check my abs pump as braakes are crap after over haul

any help would be muchly appreciated

baz

07921 519734

alright baz my brakes where c**p after fitting drilled & grooved dics, ebc pads, and a full set of goodrich`s they are worse than the old standard set up so got another member with the full proper ross-tech vag com and it goes through loads of different bits to do with bleeding the brakes i dont think we got the hang of it cos im still having about half pedal sink when on the brakes but it was ok on xp is yours a real vag-com?

you could try this right click on your vag-com shortcut on your desktop and click 'run as administrator' I also edit the copy protection of the vacom folder in c:\program files\ vag-com. Right click on the vag-com folder -> properties. Click the security tag then click edit then in the new window click add. Type 'everyone' then click OK. Then in the box that appears click everyone and tick the box full control then click apply. Job done for me

this is not mine it was copyed from this therad

http://www.vr6oc.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?354154 which may also help you

and I guess you are using version 409.1 ? if so did you selece the correct comm port for the lead ? you need to plug the lead in and then find from searching in the device manager which comm port the lead is plugged into and then selecting that on the test section of vag-com

interface found' date='

port ok, type:

serial pass-Through,

opto/iso:NO

ross-tech design:NO

[/quote']

Stupid questions ( apologies if you already know how to suck eggs ;-) ) Is the lead plugged into the car? Is the ignition on and immobiliser off?