Whats this next to the oil filter in this pic?

I decided to track down my very very slight but incessant oil drip that keeps appearing under my car that looked like it was coming from the oil filter area.

I had a look under and found it was this bit next to the filter housing, the screw cap was about half a turn loose so ive tightened it up and hopefully thats the end of that.

But what is it?

P1000171.jpg

mines pissing out from here but it looks like its coming from the top, thanks for answering what it is tho. If its just the seals it should be easy to fix and are they easy to get, i.e. your local auto parts shop plus could it be anythin major other than seals?

cheers all...

mines pissing out from here but it looks like its coming from the top' date=' thanks for answering what it is tho. If its just the seals it should be easy to fix and are they easy to get, i.e. your local auto parts shop plus could it be anythin major other than seals?

cheers all...

[/quote']

the front and back seals are different. when I replaced my cooler about two years ago I got it from GSF who only did one type of seal. Had to get the other from VW.

the front and back seals are different. when I replaced my cooler about two years ago I got it from GSF who only did one type of seal. Had to get the other from VW.

cheers, tbh honest I suspected a trip VW might be needed as i've had this problem befor when it comes to seals and o-ring's.

Is it pritty easy to do this job as I don't have a Haynes for a VR6 and come to think about I can't seem to find one.