Richierich's VR6........new frontage!

Unusual to store in the summer n use in the winter! Lol

Looks awesome tho! How much did the spray job set u back.... If u don't mind me asking ;-)

ha ha cheers dude...............thats what most people say, this is used as a winter car to preserve my splittie for the better weather months!

as for my paintwork............... inc the new wings, all material and labour i think it was around £900 which i thought was superb! it transformed the overall look imo.

its going back in for more paint when i get the new front end so will post up the new look as it develops! (h)

• 2 weeks later...

Those Glasgow winters are pretty harsh and I never did get use to them. As always your work looks top notch...

cheers fella..................

well monday came and the vr was realeased into the scottish air! it had developed a wee oil leak and the battery was dead so new battery in and it fired up. the drive from ayrshire(dry storage) to bodyshop it cut out a few times and then when in neutral was revving itself?!?!?!

heres when we opened the garage.....................

DSC07182.jpg

looking well sorry for itself!...............

DSC07183.jpg

arrived at the bodyshop and whipped the bonnet off as marty wanted it................

DSC07185.jpg

DSC07187.jpg

new parts to be fitted' date=' bonnet, lights, wheels and grill....................

[img']http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm90/richierichie37/DSC07176.jpg

DSC07177.jpg

DSC07179.jpg

its the older style grill above!

DSC07181.jpg

the stripdown..............

DSC07191.jpg

DSC07195.jpg

DSC07188.jpg

DSC07199.jpg

DSC07197.jpg

DSC07198.jpg

DSC07201.jpg

new bunnit flattened and primed..............

DSC07186.jpg

DSC07189.jpg

then all the parts painted.................

bunnit...............

DSC07205.jpg

DSC07209.jpg

grill..............

DSC07208.jpg

spoiler..............

DSC07206.jpg

fitted colour coded spoiler.............

DSC07207.jpg

vento lights and wings back on..............

DSC07203.jpg

and a wee taster of it all back together as i have left the car at the garage for a mot and to see where the wee oil leak is and possibly fix it!................

photo.jpg

photo1.jpg

oh and yes there is arch gap but with the new wheels spacers and tyres i could wind the coilies right down but i'll leave it justt now!

will do some proper photos after i buff it up when i get a green ticket on it!...............

LOL .... you make me laugh...

If the Split wasnt enough and you're selling the rallye (if my memory is still working right)... so as you're bored and only still only doing bits on the "other Projects" you find time to pop down the lock up and do this to the VR6....

LOL :D

I Like your work and your style mate..... looking forward to a bit of a photo session to follow once you resolve the ride hide... ;)

treated the vr to some black colour concept goodies this week.................

heated recaros and interior plastic trims!..............

DSC07241.jpg

DSC07243.jpg

thanks again to Ian icy Chan for suppling and fitting the plastics!!!!

also thanks to Graham who came round on wednesday evening and wound down my coilovers!!!!!!!

my insurance asked for a few snaps for an agreed valuation so i gave it a wee lick and took some photos..................

DSC07232.jpg

DSC07233.jpg

DSC07231.jpg

DSC07240.jpg

wooden steering wheels rock!!!!!!!

DSC07244.jpg

my arch gap is slowly disappearing!!!!!!!

DSC07242.jpg

got a few more things to do till im happy then its back into the splittie interior for a mega fit out!!!!!!

cheers.................

• 2 months later...

a wee update on the winter dawg!!!!!....................

smoked indicators, foggies and reflectors......

winterwashntyres009.jpg

full stainless upswept zorst to free the v6 roar!!!!........

winterwashntyres005.jpg

winterwashntyres006.jpg

a wee bit lower to the ground to help plough the snow!.............

winterwashntyres004.jpg

winterwashntyres003.jpg

and finally a wee winter wash n polish n shine with auto glym prizes from DC11.5............

winterwashntyres008.jpg

if anyone wants this car for cash or swaps mail me please!!!!!!!!!

cheers............................

• 1 month later...