coolant change and gearbox oil change

gearbox, underneith, lowest part of the box, where the diff is housed is the drain plug. its a 17 or 19mm allen key u'll need -cant remeber which one. filler is half way up on the back of the box, which faces front of car.

hope that makes sense lol!

• 4 months later...

engine oil should be done a minimum of every 10k but i do mine every 5k (or 6 months, whichever comes sooner)

gearbox oil doesnt have a set time, i did mine 3k ago but im sure it had never been done, lol. its always nice to do it so you know its fresh, but once its done once i wouldnt worry.... same with coolant, just give it a change once a year or 2 years to flush out any s**t, that should do ya. :) :)

you can change the gear oil by just driving the front wheels onto blocks, you dont need much of an angle to drain the box. its a 17mm allen key socket bolt. make sure you clean all the swarf out of both plugs as they are magnetic. There shouldnt be much on them but best to get it out and not circulating in the new gear oil. i would get a piece of clear hose and a funnel to fill up makes it miles easier.

cheers, sods law had a job at a garage today and he said gearbox oil only really needs done after 100k really or when the box decides to call it a day lol

and may as well do the oil and coolant for the winter, give her a wee treat considering all the punishment she gets lol

tho really need to get her on a dyno coz last night pushed a vr32 which is around the 250 mark, on the level with a push i had against a 260bhp cupra the other month, defo standard but shes got guts