i've got these too.. had them on the car since xmas now and can't fault them.

Personally I dont think they are much harder than the standard ones, but there is no real give in them at all.

Makes massive difference to cornering and acceleration and they aren't bouncy at all like just springs can be,

I think they're worth the money, but are a bit of a pain to set the height the same all 4 corners and the camber angle after they've been fitted.

where did you get them from? My old coilies are shot and the only jamex kists i can find have coilovers for the front and traditional springs and struts for the back.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/JAMEX-VW-GOLF-MK3-91-07-COILOVER-LOWERING-KIT-/160362809777?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item25565e49b1

i got them on fleabay dude, all are adj £200 with free postage! (h)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230480757266&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I bought the last set from "performance 3000"' date=' but apprently they should be getting some more.

[/quote']

lol i thought i got the last set as i searched on internet and couldn't find them........................

did you contact them direct??

mine are on and the ride is super, i've went half way down about -50mm and its smooth!

the rear ones are creeking but hopefully a lick of silicone spray will cure that!!!! :)

i payed £200 delivered, incase they try to charge you more or less!

• 2 weeks later...

Normally if you put lowering springs on standard dampers the car can become very bouncy. Not sure about the VR6 as all cars seem to be different, but working at an MOT station and driving loads of cars every day, you can tell instantly when driving one with just lowering springs. Harder ride than my coilovers and bouncy too.

Ive been looking at these but now that im old i cant be doing with a harsh ride. I dont want it slammed either' date=' so do you think i should just get some springs with OE dampers or are these relatively nice riding?

[/quote']

fella, i'm getting on a bitty too (34) and believe it or not with these coilovers its a better ride than my mk5 golf with just eibach springs!

i was pleasntly surprised with the quality of these for not a lot of money!

i'd say get them!!!! :)

• 1 month later...

could be the same as mine. check your exhaust isn't catching on the rear axle.. might not tell from the back so maybe get on your knee's and have a look under.

easiest thing to check really. mine still does it now, is it worse with a weight in the boot?

It's more like a knocking noise, i have not had any weight in the boot yet just fitted them 2 days ago. Went to halfrauds and bought silicone spray will be spraying the rubber mounts today to see it stops, maybe the coilovers take time to set in in to place?

Nah it's not the exhaust' date=' pretty sure noise coming from rear coilovers.

[/quote']

Yea I know mate.. just thought it could have been the same problem as mine.

My exhaust was fine and never banged or anything, however since fitting the coilover the ride height is lower and meant the exhaust was catching on the top of the rear axle. Just simply because of the way the exhaust runs over the top. Never did it before coilovers were fitted though so gave me a symptom that I thought was something to do with the top mounts on suspension or something.

Have you had any luck with the silicone spray anyway on the top mounts?