Have not had the chance to spray top mounts yet but managed to spray silicone spray with a straw between the gap of the rear tyres and arch and just sprayed the complete rear coilovers.

When you open the boot and bounce the car up and down is when when you can here the noise same as when you are driveing.

When you open the boot and bounce the car up and down is when when you can here the noise same as when you are driveing.

dude its the rubber things creaking against the metal......................

go in your boot and remove the rubber covers at the top of the coilover (just under the parcel shelf).....................

spray the silicone in there then bounce the rear up and down holding the bumper/boot area!

repeat as ness!

mine only creaks for about the first 30 seconds of driving then it goes away!

good luck! lol (h)

where did you get them from? My old coilies are shot and the only jamex kists i can find have coilovers for the front and traditional springs and struts for the back.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/JAMEX-VW-GOLF-MK3-91-07-COILOVER-LOWERING-KIT-/160362809777?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item25565e49b1

I've got these fitted to my current VR and thet are s**t!! I'been round a slight bend on the M60 near me and 'bounced' accross all 3 lanes! () I have the JOM coilovers off my other VR and \I'm seriously looking at fitting these. Maybe the shockers are worn on the jamex but I was assured they were "£1000 coilovers when they were new" only to discover they're the cheapest on the market!!

Steer clear of the jamex if I was you.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive got these on my MK3 Gti! I had knocking issues until I found that the top strut bolt had come loose that clamps the spacer in!tighten everything up!also get some one to load the rear suspension up !Ie pull off in first with handbrake up!and check if the exhaust box is hitting the rear axle!

interesting comment abt how pooo these are!Iam concerned as Ill be converting my Gti to a VR6 and wonder if thew will be ok?

• 2 weeks later...

did you use new top mounts when you fitted the coilies? creaking sounds like the rubber rubbing against the metal, it could actually be the bushing for the rear beam twisting and making the noise and just transmitting the sound up the leg into the boot making it sound like it's coming from the struts. if you remove the caps from the top of the struts and bounce the car quite vigorously there should be zero movement to the strut top if it is moving it may need either tightening slightly to take out he play or new top mounts. rear's are a peaice of piss to do. less than an hour to do both side's if you dont snap the shock lower bolt like i did lol

I am in the process right know in getting part numbers for the top mounts and bearings, neva thought of changing them, but will do soon. I am 100% sure that horrible noise was not there before i had my coillies fitted straight after fitting the coilies that noise started coming through, especially when driving at low speeds and goig over speed humps. Nice 1 gavin appreciate it mate.