Having a few coolant probs right now have a bust top hose , so I am in process of sorting the problems , i want to get a new expansion tank and cap so went to GSF today and they dont have any thing listed for VR6 tank the only one they had was slightly smaller and round instead of oval ish but did have all the right bits in all the right places for fitting ! does anyone know if this can be fitted ?

Try euro car parts mate :)

No they dont have them either , in exeter its funny because GSF is next door to Eurocar parts ! so tried both, do you reckon the round non oval will be ok its got all the plugs and seems right ? this is doing my head in plus i have no aux water pump , is that a big deal or not ?

CAn have mine if you can wait till inters

Thanks mate , however my whole coolant system is in meltdown , cant really drive it at the mo , hoses are all shot and tank is leaking round the middle , when do you roughly think you may have the bits of ? no pressure mate i just need to do some thing sooner rather than later , Ha no pressure get it ??

euro carparts do do the header tank for a golf vr6

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Volkswagen_Golf_2.8_1995/p/Car-Parts/Cooling-and-Heating/Cooling/Expansion-Tanks/?205440010&1&7012789885211745d6f89e5abe5ad2bd4e7ca05f&EXPT

just out of stock but check with local ones to you n one will have it in ive bought stuff that says out of stock n when u ring branch up theyve got one