my 4motion (the booted variety)

as i'm new to the forum i feel obliged to post up a thread for my Bora 4motion, so here goes.....

My return to VAG ownership has resulted in me travelling down to the new forest to have a look at a VW Bora 4-motion. i was hooked after the test drive and a deal was done.

media-1.jpg

media1-1.jpg

compared to what i was driving before the Bora is really comfortable with loads of effortless torque. plus, in this i'm not so tempted to drive like a loony all the time.

i fitted an alpine ipod headunit which some smackhead decided i didn't need anymore so they thoughtfully did this to the drivers door

horse001.jpg

the picture doesn't tell the full story, there was a lot of damage to the door around the handle which wasn't cheap to sort out

door handle & delock kit from VW £77

new rear quarter window £40

bodyshop paint & labour £300

new alpine CDE-W203Ri stereo £185

with all that sorted i could get round to spending more money on the car. here is a quick list of what has been done so far.

black OE front grill

LED sidelights and rear numberplate lights

aero wipers

stubby S2000 aerial

ferodo DS pads all round with new discs

H&R 10mm spacers on the rear

H&R arb's front and rear

JOM coilovers with new top mounts

alpine CDE-W203Ri double din headunit

2x10 inch rockford fosgate subs with rockford fosgate amp

OE carbon fibre gearknob (from a VW sharan)

3M carbon vinyl to replace all the wood look trim

neuspeed cold air induction kit

29032010006.jpg

29032010008.jpg

29032010007.jpg

29032010005.jpg

new headunit, knob and vinyl trim

bora004.jpg

neuspeed filter

bora008.jpg

from underneath

bora007.jpg

i forgot to mention the addition of the audi S3 ronals. they need a refurb but they were a BARGAIN! they have four very good bridgestones on them and with the ET32 offset they're perfect for a big caliper conversion!

thanks for all the positive comments! i'm loving the massive levels of grip this car gives, it really is difficult to upset with all the suspension mods, wider wheels and decent tyres. with it not being permanent 4WD i've really only noticed the rear end doing it's thing a couple of times. i need an uprated haldex controller to make more use of the rear axle!!

it's so much better to drive quickly on roads (where the law allows obviously) than my old evo, no AYC trying to kill you whenever it feels like it.

There are the mechanical bias setups that allow very definate control or the rather expensive electronic controller. Really need alot of power to see the benefit though. Most don't go that route until after going FI.

i'm reluctant to go F/I as i've been there and done that and am liking N/A at the moment. i've been doing some research and have spoken to a few people about the uprated haldex controller and i like what i've heard. most of my mods so for have been handling orientated and i think it would be a worth addition.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nice finish on the wheels. Is that anthracite?

oh yes' date=' with a coat of shiney lacquer too!

i think iv seen you in bedford before :-p if you see a grey old golf cl flying about thats me lol, cars looking good, i am looking into a bora for my company car, how would you compare to a golf?

yay, i've been spotted!! this is the second mk4 based car i've had..... i had a LCR before and i really like them both, both respond well to minor mods especially in the handling department. but i suppose if its a company car you will be leaving it alone though. next time you see me give us a wave/flash/toot!

nah if i buy the car on finace it gets paid for then the car is technicly mine :-) so i can have a play, i just like the way its like a smaller passat with the lovely vr6 in it :-p, and i really want the 4wd system, i know its a bit lazy to putting power to the rear wheels but with a few mods to the rear diff it can stay full time 4wd ;-p

• 3 months later...