over revving on tick over then loosing all power at junctions please help!!!

my vr6 has recently started to play up it has started to rev itself when in neutral up and down up and down, and when driving it also over revs and needs to be put in neutral when at lights ect as it keeps trying to carry on even with brakes on, and then out of the blue if slowing down it will loose all power and stall, which is very strange for an auto as it is always in gear, please help as i need it fixed for friday so i can go to bugjam in her!!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't have you missing bug jam. But you really need to get it on VAG-COM.

One preliminary thing you can do is to have the ecu reset the throttle body by turning the ignition on and leaving it to do it's thing for 15-20mins.

so if i just turn the ignition on and leave it to sit for a while this will reset it and maybe just maybe help, i am already fdighting against a sweaky altanator wheel so my plan is to drive to bug jam and spray it withlubricant just as i enter then no one will hear it lol

ok i think i will try both sugestions

you'll only need to try one. The ISV is only on older models' date=' square wing indicators, and the throittle body reset trick on newer ones. being 1995 yours could just about be either. These pictures will help you decide which yours is: http://www.vr6oc.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?106705

yup vr6oc and will have a couple of our banners and prob a pirate flag !! or just look out for the baby blue mk3 ;)

I recently picked up a jagermeister flag. Seemed appropriate ;-)