• 4 months later...

Well brands hatch was done and the car went very well!!

we used it all day and it got on great untill we got blsck flagged at about 3pm

the car was smoking so the marshall said to have a break check things over and then go back out and he would keep an eye on us.

te oil level was a bit low so with that back to level and half hour to let things cool I went back out, I noticed a missfire and with that I came in again.

the marshal came over and said the smoke was not as bad so we were good to cary on but the the missfire we loaded it back on the truck and came home..

after a compression test was done it showed low on number 1 cylinder 50-60psi

so its in the work shop. I was going to get a second hand engine so I removed the front end of the car. but I couldnt resist to see what was going on so I reoved the head.

Been a bit slow on this as it has been sold then I got back involved with it so back on. Let's try and get a good track season in

Still engine issues so dragged it in to my workshop at work

9e46969c.jpg

Front end off

014efd02.jpg

And ready to rip engine out.

5df7c10d.jpg

• 1 month later...

The engine is here so. Take old out next week and put ancillaries on. Find a belt to run with out air con pump.

Bit a clean up change clutch and put it in.

Work shop has plenty of VW R racing cable ties and grpA duck tape so all should be ok

3eb97745.jpg

Mocal oil cooler on its way.

Found some cheap e bay silicone coolant hoses. A couple of the old hoses looking a bit tired and used. Track temps don't help.

8fed9fa9.jpg

Oil breather

3b44154d.jpg

Brake hoses

aeb375b0.jpg

• 1 month later...

New steering wheel. No other reason than it looks more track related than the momo with yellow centre band.

c70dc0cb.jpg

Putting the engine back together and wrapped the manifold.

e2e78259.jpg

a0574b2b.jpg

Just the rad to fit, that's all connected to front end so ready to bolt on as one. Then fit the exhsust. Change brake lines and I'm done.

• 6 months later...