golf VR6 service intervals? whats needed?

hi guys as you know im hoping to have a golf VR6 on monday! now ive had a fiesta rs turbo for 8 years now and know exactly when to service it and change oil etc to keep it in tip top working order.

how many miles does this need to be done on the VR6 golf and what parts are required? sparks, oil change, oil filter, air filter, fuel filter etc?? thanks guys :-d

VW say 10k for oil changes but a lot of owners do it at half that. Synta silver is the recommended oil from vw or gsf. 5.5 litres are required if you change the filter. Plugs should last for the makers recommended distance. 20K? Leads are good until they fail.

An annual service regardless of mileage should include everything you've listed but you can add to that Brake fluid every 24 months and I change my oil every 6 months / 5k miles and coolant every 24 months. Gearbox oil when it suits.

An annual service regardless of mileage should include everything you've listed but you can add to that Brake fluid every 24 months and I change my oil every 6 months / 5k miles and coolant every 24 months. Gearbox oil when it suits.

cool, so is there a plug where you can drain the gearbox oil from? never knew that on the vr6!

as long as it isnt contaminated and keeps temperature, coolant is technically good for about 10 years if its G12 or newer, they are advertised as "fill for life"

I would assume gearbox is the norm 75W90 ? and capacity? im thinking my gearbox oil needs doing soon, getting a bit crunchy