hopefully a new car in the morning :)

i stumbled across this site a few weeks ago and since then ive looked into buying a vr6, ive always liked golfs but to b honest i didnt really know that much about them till i came here... and now i want 1. i set my heart on a 3 door vr6 with leather and it had to b a manual. u know how hard these are to find for sale? i went to see a few "dogs" but i held out for a good 1 and i think i may well have found what ive been looking for. its a 1996 P vr6 in deep blue with cream leather only got 50k on the clock with full vw service history and only 2 owners from new who have took great car of the car. im goin to take another look at it tomorrow but im pretty sure itll b mine b4 midday, even at 23 with 4 years no claims i cant get the insurance under a grand but that isnt gonna put me off. they are asking 4995 for it but i know i can get it for 4500 ;)

All the best on the car front mate sounds like u got hold of a nice 1 there.. try giving adrian flux a ring or even better hic and get a wee bit of discount ;-) im with adrian flux im 23 with 4 years no claims and mines quite a bit under a grand... btw welcome to the forum, looking forward t the pics ..ben :-)

i only payed £2600 for mine and its a 1996.. seems expensive to me... :(

Blimey and I thought mine was cheap!

Give Brentacre a try on the insurance front (01792 650933) - they've been way cheaper than HIC for the last couple of years for me!

thx for the support guys and ive tried adrian flux hic and the like, i guess its the shit area i live in that goes against me... im in luton... eww yea i know i wont b staying here 4 ever tho trust me ;) im so excited ive woken up at 4 am haha only a few hours now till i make the trip, cant wait for the ride home !amazed

All the best on the car front mate sounds like u got hold of a nice 1 there.. try giving adrian flux a ring or even better hic and get a wee bit of discount ;-) im with adrian flux im 23 with 4 years no claims and mines quite a bit under a grand... btw welcome to the forum' date=' looking forward t the pics ..ben :-)[/quote']

i got nine points tho &| 6 are coming off later in the year :P

ok finlly back home.... minus a vr6.... but! its paid for and im picking it up next saturday! woohoo its got a couple of small bits of bubble rust on the rear arches but thats it, i followed the buying guide posted here (much appreciated) and i honestly cant fault this thing, engine is almost silent and the seats are hardly worn at all ( i dont think any1 has ever sat in the back) the last owner was a man in his 50's (bonus) and the small bubble rust wont b a problem as my uncle has his own small body shop so ill just pay for the paint !amazed, i also checked all the electrics and made sure the closure stuff worked which it did ;) . i took it out for a test drive covering about 15 miles but due to the traffic i couldnt really give it some but i couldnt believe how smooth they are. this was the first time ive driven 1 of these and im sure the 0-60 time the manufacturer says is about a second out coz i tried to count in my head :@ all in all i cant wait for next saturday when i pick it up and drive off in it, it really is a peach. 1 thing that i was puzzled about, the paintwork is blue but from some angles looks purple... is this normal?? im not complaining coz i think it looks the bollocks:) once ive got it back here ill post ya some piccy's and its a good possibility ill bring it to the rolling road, not sure if ill b working or not but i think itll b a fun day so im a mayb :)

[ Edited Sat Jan 15 2005, 03:40PM ]

Yeah congrats and yes bring it along to the RR day if you can make it it'll be good to see another new face joining the vr6 gang :P and if you can't make it to that we've got lots of shows were attending with a vr6OC display so bring it along to one of them :P

ill do my best :) got a few pics here of the car what u all think ? as u can see its 100% standardo.. id kinda like to keep the majority of it like that as u dont get many that way ;) who am i kidding?? !amazed

golf1.jpg

golf2.jpg

golf3.jpg

golf4.jpg

just curious.. how do i make these links show as pictures instead of links? i tried %7Boption%7D but that dont work ?

[ Edited Sat Jan 15 2005, 05:58PM ]

So the dealer did the classic - This blokes got the full asking price cash on him trick eh?!!!

Not sure I'm too keen on the interior though, but I've never seen that colour in the flesh so it may look quite nice. See you at the RR day! ;)

I reckon you got about the going retail rate mate. I paid £5250 for mine back in May full S/H and 50k