my vr is broken :( plz help!

i presume its the same as my a3' date='there's a bolt that the pedal swivels on,take the bolt out and your pedal should drop but the pain is putting it back in as its spring loaded,its better to have four hands on this job

[/quote']

i have a helper so hopefully its not too difficult!

well im back home and dont have the clutch pedal off! i was expecting it to bolt off but then saw this metal clip. i tried tapping it off with a hammer but it just kept turning and i had my dad moaning in my ear not to make it worse so i gave up! i'll do it on my day off when i dont have some1 moaning at me! should have manned up really! lol i'll do it 2moz!

pretty sure if i remove the spring part first it would maybe slide off much easier!

can you remember how the spring part comes off? looks like its slid into a groove and the pressure of the spring is keeping it in place if i just pull it out of the groove that should be it off no?

yep thats right' date='i had help,slot the spring into place then try to get the bolt in,it wasnt easy but i did this on my a3 so the golf might have more space under there

[/quote']

i think ur a3 must be different because there arent any bolts? anyway ive ordered a new pedal and it wont be in till tuesday and my mate will be back from usc so he can do it for me :D he has 3 vr's and knows how to do it :D lol

managed to get it half fixed today! just need to get the spring back in!

i found there wasnt much detail about doing this job on the net so if any1 needs to do it a few useful tips from me would be...

1. on the end of the rod the pedal pivots on is a square metal washer, which is held in place by part of the washer that bends inside the hollow rod the pedal pivots on. use a small flat head screw driver to lift the part of washer locking it in place. the washer will then slide off easily.

2. the spring is a pain in the ***! but youjust have to use force, with the pedal on the floor again use a flat headed screw driver and wedge it between the pedal and the spring housing and give it a tap with a hammer and the spring will come free.

the pedal should then slide off the rod fairly easily but probably needs a bit of leverage. you can probably work out how it all goes back together only bit i havent sussed is the spring so i'll get back to ya!

oh and the vw part number for a new pedal is...

v1h1 721 321 ab 41

and its £21.61

hope this helps someone!