Goodridge or Blackdiamond Braided Brake Hoses

goodridge dont have to be expensive http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Volkswagen-Golf-VR6-Goodridge-Braided-Brake-Hose-Kit-/290296299943?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item43970201a7 same price as any black diamond i can find.

A quick google and ebay seems you pretty much pay £70 for any of them

I have HEL on mine theyre all the same thing, much improved pedal feel and braking power, i only have to touch them and they are there, if i stand on them its uncomfortable how quick they respond.

You need to make sure if you have banjo or screw fronts, 280mm brakes is screw, 288mm brakes is banjo, but its a 2 min job to have a look and be sure.

goodridge dont have to be expensive http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Volkswagen-Golf-VR6-Goodridge-Braided-Brake-Hose-Kit-/290296299943?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item43970201a7 same price as any black diamond i can find.

A quick google and ebay seems you pretty much pay £70 for any of them

I have HEL on mine theyre all the same thing' date=' much improved pedal feel and braking power, i only have to touch them and they are there, if i stand on them its uncomfortable how quick they respond.

You need to make sure if you have banjo or screw fronts, 280mm brakes is screw, 288mm brakes is banjo, but its a 2 min job to have a look and be sure.

[/quote']

Thanks Luke, I contacted the company on ebay and they are Zinc Plated. So question goes is it better to have stainless steel or zinc plated? Or does it even matter?

I say stainless is always better isnt it, it will never corrode, theres no plating integrity to worry about.

Id say go black diamond then if they are the cheapest and stainless, ive never seen or felt a black diamond but have goodridge so cant comment on the quality or anything, but if theyve got lifetime warranty why not

I have the goodridge on mine. Only coz I swapped front calumets and replaced front to back brake lines

I had a look yesterday and I could not tell! I think they are banjo and my mate thinks they are screw! Does any one have a pic of a 1997, with 288 discs?