Nurburgring 2011 chat thread

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah unfortunatley I am unable to go at Easter this year :( all the info regarding prices and routes etc are in the info thread http://www.vr6oc.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?380936 here, normally we camp although there are plenty of nice cheap hotels in the area if you dont fancy doing this ! :) As far as ferry times go we normally go out first thing so the 7am or such ferry and back around the same time in the evening i.e 7pm as its a fair old drive to the Ring and you never know what the Brussels ring road will be like (imagine the m25 on a bad day and your halfway there ! ) so best to leave plenty of time especially if your camping :)

Last time I spoke to him Bungy was still up for going at Easter so it might be worth someone sending him a message to see if he has booked his ferry etc and then you can co-ordinate it from there :)

I will be confirming this with work on Monday and booking the ferry soon after. Looks like just under £100 for the Norfolk line from Dover to Dunkirk. Happy to organise the Team South convoy as soon as confirmed.

Not sure many people are going now think were waiting till later in the year like June/ July for better weather and more people to come. This is what was discussed at the christmas party.

Is this fact? Could another thread be made ? Summer sounds very good

When speaking to Tony, Bungy, Jake at the christmas meal i know Tony said he would be unable to come at easter but was happy to put all the info up and we would arrange our own travel etc.

Jake said he would be looking at going in the summer time for better weather and Bungy also seemed happy with this. Im sure everyone will confirm what they are planning on doing shortly.

Im only stating what was said at the christmas meal people may have changed there minds etc and im not saying this is definetly what people are doing. Just didnt want people booking things if many people arnt going till later in the year.