Saw a sorry sight in a breakers yard today

I went to a breakers cos i needed a couple of facia parts.

The yard only had 2 golfs, luckily both were mk3s, the first i fond was an L plate and was at the bottom of a pile, it had the interior already stripped out nothing left. The vent parts were pretty grubby and i wasnt happy with it so i went off to look for the second.

I found a P reg, same as mine, GTI on top of another car, nothing particularly up with it except for the damage the crane did putting it up there, complete except from someone already had the arch extensions and alloys off it. It looked like it was a scrappage casualty.

It had a full interior still, it had been there a while and was damp and mouldy. It was easiest climb in through the boot. I got in and looked over the back seat and saw a familiar sight.

I said to myself, hey up this is a RECARO rear bench, soaking wet and a bit mouldy but looked like it could clean up very nicely, i got a bit excited and looked at the fronts and lo and behold the 2 fronts had double lifters.

At this point i thought id hit the jackpot and in my head had already removed the interior, cleaned it up like new and got it up for sale. I clambered over the rear seat and immediately looked over for the RECARO red stitching which was there, making me even more excited.

Then my heart sank, someone, presumably the last owner, had slashed the front seats up, definitely on purpose as it was in diagonal lines to make a diamond pattern, such a shame and such a waste.

Id come from the gym so didnt have my phone with me otherwise id have taken a pic of the travesty.

On the plus side the dash was pristine and i got my parts which happened to be the same build date as mine too!

Couldnt get over the fact that someone had purposely destroyed this set of fronts, i was pretty annoyed at them for it too. Not just for the fact i could have made a bit of money but for the fact that they messed up these rare seats.