could have been as simple as the handbrake switch, could have been that your pads are very low, could be that your system has developed a leak, either a connection or a seal or your master cylinder. if it doesnt come on again then fine, if it does and its your fluid level again get it looked at

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Did u check the handbrake switch wasn't sticking?

To be honest i took the hand brake area apart had a little look messed about with it and then just put it back together, wasn't 2 sure what i was meant to be looking 4 lol

On the other hand my abs light has been on from day one since i have had the car, and then after a few months thats when the hand brake light randomly comes on and off???

Might have to get it vag com - any one close by to me??

Did u check the handbrake switch wasn't sticking?

To be honest i took the hand brake area apart had a little look messed about with it and then just put it back together' date=' wasn't 2 sure what i was meant to be looking 4 lol

On the other hand my abs light has been on from day one since i have had the car, and then after a few months thats when the hand brake light randomly comes on and off???

Might have to get it vag com - any one close by to me??

[/quote']

Where are you?

on the resivor bottle there is a little plunger that sits inside the bottle , it must not be pushed down , so i would unscrew the top as if you were going to fill up the brake fluid , on the inside of the cap , push the plunger out and refit cap , and that might get rid of your handbrake light , the little plunger must not be pushed down as your car will think it needs brake fluid which causes the hand brake light to come on

• 1 month later...

No i didnt mate, but i am looking into it this week going to change x4 abs sensors first, vag com it and take it from there. I dont thing it is my handbrake switch because wen i start my car in the morning it is fine, push handbrake down light goes out, as soon as i get to my first speed bump, go over it and handbrake light goes on.

Let me know if you have any luck with yours.

• 1 year later...