[moved] Highline with quads question

Hello, just bought my first ever Highline and it has the original quad lights on it.

Question being, what do the smaller lights near the grill do? I cant get either of them to work at all. I have checked the fuses and the bulbs.

It is really confusing as the outside ones work when I put on the sidelights, go brighter when I go to main lights and when I put on full beam they get even brighter but the other lights just do nothing.

Thanks for the help! :)

It seems that my outer lights have the wrong bulbs in then as they have the 3 element bulbs. (well that is what Halfords told me were in it). Maybe if I change the bulbs round I could get both sets working the same way as yours are working vr6stormt.

Hope this works now! :)

Thanks for the help! :)

It seems that my outer lights have the wrong bulbs in then as they have the 3 element bulbs. (well that is what Halfords told me were in it). Maybe if I change the bulbs round I could get both sets working the same way as yours are working vr6stormt.

Hope this works now! :)

ive got a set of 6000k hids in the outside ones?

ive just checked mine and the side light is in the inner one nearest to the grill this is also the high beam and the outer is dip beam well unless they are round the wrong way lol

no there the right way they dont fit the other way ive had mine all apart recently to replace the white clips

side light fullbeam inner mainbeam projector light outer cant see how they could fit twin element bulb without mods but maybe thats what they did pop a picture up to be sure

going by your welcome post you have MORETTE quads not HELLA quads so are different to mine dont know how they work or what type bulbs they use sorry mate

http://www.vr6oc.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?364078.post

the first picture of this post is what Hella quads look like morettes are bigger lights and not projector

quads the outside light is projector and looks smaller because of that i may have my set of hella's for sale soon but not sure yet but i would check the wiring inside the lights to make sure they are wired up good luck

yea they sound like morettes, they use 4 H4 bulbs and the outside light does have 3 brightness settings, but the inner lights should come on full too on high beam, and the connector block doesnt give you an idea of what goes where, cornishvr6 had this same problem when wiring up morettes,

get a multimeter on the connectros to find out what wire gets power at what setting then you can try to wire them up to the connectors in the right order