i did a quick search on here but only found a thread for an obd1 car. i was thinking i had taken all my leads off to do the head gasket, i wonder if the answer to all my problems is the fact i have the leads in the wrong place. they are all in the right place as far as 1-1 2-2 3-3 etc but there are different legnths can anybody tell me which one goes where please eg shortest - 6 cheers

No I know the coil pack is marked up, and the leads go from Cylinder 1 to number 1 on the coil pack etc. But what I wanna know is have I got the lengths in the right order. As in is the shortest lead to no 6 is the longest to number 1 etc. It's obd2 so there is no dizzy cap.

so long as the leads are fitted correctly there should be no matter if they are different lengths, just make sure they clip onto the plug correctly, are you using the correct lead removal tool to re-fit the leads? you flip it upside down to push the leads on.

also are the leads used one's? as they could be arcing against the inlet manifold.

the lead should have 5 kOhms stamped on the plug end i beleive, atleast thats what my obd1 coil pack engine has, if the leads offer up the incorrect resistance then they wont work correctly.