Dodo Juice Blue Velvet carnauba vs Menzerna FMJ synthetic sealant

Ive been experimenting with different products for a while trying to find which i like best for my car, 3 areas are my focus, application, durability and visual result.

I started off with Chemical guys Jetseal109 but found it doesnt last very long at all, a few weeks and it had all but disappeared. Its very easy to apply but can be tricky to get off, the result was a typical synthetic sealant sterility, where the finish is very high contrast but flat and colours not necessarily reflected with much vibrance. The flake more or less disappears too leaving just a very dark black it looked almost like no flake at all

Photo077.jpg

Photo072.jpg

Then onto Menzerna Full Molecular Jacket, This left the paint with a silky smoothness that nothing else has, and it lasts long too, a good 2-3 months and the protection is still there. Its also by far the easiest to apply and buff off, you can do the full caron and off in 20 mins easy. But this left the paint even more sterile than Jetseal, if you were going for mirror finish and high contrast light reflectivity then this is the one you want. I have no pics of my car but i do of my gfs focus which is an identical metallic black and with FMJ on behaves the exact same as my golf did.

P1000329.jpg

P1000330.jpg

P1000335.jpg

P1000334.jpg

The latest i have tried out is Dodo Juice Blue Velvet which is hard carnaubu wax that is colour charged specifically for dark cars. This is very easy on although it does take some time and buffs off after curing much like jetseal, not hard but does provide resistance. The last car i used this on was my performance blue focus ST, on that this stuff was fantastic, gave real depth, vibrancy and shine.

It does the same thing to my golf, while not being as reflective as the synthetics it still does, with the added bonus of much deeper brighter reflection.

The flake also pops out like crazy in the sunlight, i just couldnt get a good pic of it. My experience with this tells me it will also last long enough, and if used with a wax friendly shampoo, (Menzerna atm, im probably going to use dodo's own born to be mild when that runs out) it will layer up well and add to both protection and finish quality each time.

P1000331.jpg

P1000333.jpg

P1000332.jpg

P1000336.jpg

The reflections of the red punto from both cars demonstrates the depth and colour vibrancy difference best.

Im still undecided myself as to which is best, given that the menzerna will probably last longer and wont degrade being synthetic, or that the wax gives nicer depth and lustre. Ill have to see how the dodo juice wears and decide then.

Im interested in others comments and what they think is best too

As always the day after youve toiled away for hours making your car look the best it can, it rains.

But it gives me good chance to evaluate the products with regard to water repellency, beading.

The wax gives by far the best beading, which to me says it has the best weather protection. Beading rule of thumb the smaller, taller and tighter the beading the better the protection.

Menerna - is water repellant and still beads the water away

P1000347.jpg

P1000346.jpg

P1000348.jpg

But Dodo Juice is the next level as you would expect from a carnuaba

P1000339.jpg

P1000340.jpg

P1000341.jpg

Thats some good beading

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

i have poorboys blackhole glaze and really like the effect it gives, it makes my car a whole shade blacker and as its got the fillers in it makes the surface like a sheet mirror, but i dont think it bonds too well to the paint as every time i use it the protection just seems to wash off quite quick, so i think this is down to the glaze not bonding to the paint well and obviously any layers on top of it will only be bonded to the glaze, resulting in the whole lot being washed away quite soon

• 6 months later...