My turbo came today...

But not exactly sure 100% what turbo it is.

1st of all it's huge!! It was apparently from a kit from stealth racing. It comes with the manifold, turbo and an external wastegate.

The lettering on the compressor side say EC-1 M24 A/R .70

The numbers on turbine side aren't the same and seems to be like a part number or something?

It looks like a GT35r from the pics, but doesn't say Garrett on it. Also from what I can find, where it bolts onto the exhaust manifold, there is 2 entry bits like on the GT40 and 42. Not sure if this means it's a twin entry??

Would appreciate some help.. I might be able to get some pics up too

the kit is just manifold, turbo and external wastegate. i'll get you some pics later though.

you say about water and oil ways, in the centre of the turbo there are 4 holes, each 90 degree's apart. 2 are just threaded holes and 2 look like a typical oil inlet with 2 bolts either side of the hole.

i know this isn't the best way to describe really. i noticed with the gt series that there are holes around the inlet bit of the compressor side...

Paul i'll get some pics later to see what you think. why is there 4 'ports'? i've only seen them really with 2, an oil feed and return to sump.

and yea i think it's a bargain at that price. i know i have to sort everythin else out but the turbo's the main bit really. the wastegate has just round fittings though not the normal 2 bolts thing. from what i can find it's the same fitting ish as a tial something 60 :D i've slept since last night so forgot the exact model.

can you get an adapter for this?

It's not a T61 or a GT. It's a T4 of undisclosed origin, but does have a 360 deg thrust bearing, which is all I can tell you ;-) Stealth's is an oil only turbo.

Been out in the Stealth Demo and it spools a little slower than my GT35R. Makes good power though, 430hp @ 15psi seen on one car, so has the same grunt as a 35 up top.

Yes, £450 for all that is a very good price.

Right.. got some more pics to try and work things out..

I said about there being 4 holes... so here are some pics.. the top picture I'm guessing is oil feed, with a blue plug in. As for the other one I hope somebody can tell me. Either way there are 2 holes that are just threaded 180 degree's from each other.

Also some pics of the kit. Note the wastegate has round fittings not the normal type like on manifold. Is there an adapter you can get for this?? Anyway like before I've taken pics with a can of coke to help out with sizes etc.

1283983694_8679_FT388077_photo0366_.jpg

1283983694_8679_FT388077_photo0367_.jpg

1283983694_8679_FT388077_photo0363_.jpg

1283983694_8679_FT388077_photo0374_.jpg

That's better! Much better pics :-)

I stand corrected, that is a water cooled turbo as Matt said.

That doesn't look like Stealth Racing kit to me mate, so it could be a T61 as originally said, it's certainly the right frame size!

Stealth use the SPA Turbo cast manifold and an oil only T4 turbo.

It looks like good stuff. You'll need an adapter to to convert the 2 bolt wastegate fitment on the manifold to a 44mm v band fitment on the wastegate. ATP sell them.

nice one Kev.

Thanks for the info about the V band. Never heard of that untill now to be honest. I had to fit a miltek exhaust to an astra VXR not long ago and came across this V band for the exhaust downpipe but never realised it was the same thing.

Where would I take the feed from then for the water cooling?

And would this be the adapter I need? http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=ATP-FLS-039&Category_Code=FLS

how would you measure the size. I'm guessing 44mm but not sure exactly where to measure. Is it the internal diameter of the wastegate fitting?

Yeah that's the very adapter you need. I'm not a 100% sure that wastegate you have is a 44mm, but it certainly looks like it. You don't generally get v band fitments on WGs smaller than 44mm, not that I've seen at least.

I think it's the bore size that's 44mm, so measure the internal diameter of the flange mate.

For the water cooling, nearly everyone uses the existing throttle body coolant hoses as a source of water, but you really don't want to attach those hoses to the turbo directly as they'll last 5 minutes. Hardline water and oil lines are preferable (as per stock VAG turbo engines) but if not, some braided PTFE lines is the next best thing, which www.speedflow.co.uk sell. Have a look in my DIY guide to see pics.

You can also get core plugs with a spout on them to replace the standard core plugs and take water from the back of the block instead.

Nice one.. cheers for the info, and i'll look at your diy bit later as i'm on my phone at the moment. i thought that the throttle body coolant pipes would be good but i'll definitely get some proper hoses and fittings.

sharky i'll definitely check out those as to be honest i don't really like buying stuff from overseas. and if you mean the kit, i dropped lucky on ebay. the chap listed it to end just after 1on saturday morning! i figured/hoping that most of the people on here would be drunk on a friday night and forget about it! which worked and only 1 other chap bid on it at about 10o'clock.

bloke i bought it off bought it with some other bits for just over 2k, but never did conversion so sold it. so was a one off and i dropped lucky!

i dropped lucky on ebay. the chap listed it to end just after 1on saturday morning! i figured/hoping that most of the people on here would be drunk on a friday night and forget about it! which worked and only 1 other chap bid on it at about 10o'clock.

bloke i bought it off bought it with some other bits for just over 2k' date=' but never did conversion so sold it. so was a one off and i dropped lucky!

[/quote']

Lucky git! ;)