had some fun!!!!!!

This morning I was on my way to work, and came across a Focus ST. He decided he was up for a little race. The route to work has small straight with a few round-a-bouts....... He saw me and saw old green golf, I saw him and thought I wonder........so iwent for it chased him down, and the sat right on his bumper. he tried to leave me but didn't have the grunt. My VR was awesome stayed with him all the way.........new isn't always better...(FORD......Found On Road Dead.....Fix Or Repair Daily.....First On Rubbish Dump)

I think they will be very close, the newer cars don't seem to accelerate any faster to 60 than a golf from the 80's let alone our Vr's.I think the newer cars are supposed to benefit from being lighter with better brakes and supposed better handling which technacally should give them an advantage. But when it comes to roll ons and standing starts, I believe the the grunt and torque of the vr and how its delivered will win every time on standard cars...I mean nowadays, most hot hatches need to be revved to extremes to really get them going.......just my opinion though

mwahahahahah, nice one craggs...cunning....very cunning.

not sure about these new carsbeing lighter mind!!...the mk3 golf was the last the light weight golf,...new cars,..even the supposed small ones are huge!!and all the extra's weigh,...have you felt the weight of just a modern seat these day!?!?!

300bhp isn't standard for a Focus though is it....... so 300 bhp VR6 versus 300bhp Focus' date=' now who's gonna win??!!

[/quote']

2.5 Focus ST has 221BHP so in essence it should win, however as many of us keep banging on about its power to weight and torque....along with drivers ability!!

Fair point, power to weight BHP per ton of a 300bhp focus is 223.80so obviousy way faster.

Standard book figures

Focus ST

221BHP, 320Nm (236 lb ft) torque

1362 kg

Power to Weight Ratio (BHP Per Ton) : 164.87

VR6

172BHP, 240Nm (177 ft·lbf) torque

1155 kg

Power to Weight Ratio (BHP Per Ton) : 151.31

interestingly if you take the given power most VR6s achieve of about 190 the power to weight is 167.14

Even so bungy' date=' you sold it and saw the light.. Care to tell us why...? ;)

[/quote']

In the interests of fairness and after owning one I just thought i'd comment. Mine was a mildly tuned ST3 running 275bhp and bought brand new from Ford with the armed forces discount scheme. Every panel except the roof had to be repainted, it didn't come with all the equipment ordered and paid for and the rear windscreen surround was missing. When the rear windscreen surround was added, they put it on upside down. I had it for a year and sold it for what I paid for it.

Did u loose faith / interest or just saw an opportunity not to loose money?

I hope u didnt take the above as me been rude btw.. :)

No offense taken mate (you know me better than that).

I'll quite openly say that I love Fords and will own more in the future, most likely will get one with my gratuity when I retire in 2 years time. Owning a Cosworth is a very expensive hobby and i've been there and done it repeatedly. Would love a mallard green Escos though and would sell body parts for a good one. I had the ST3 for a year without loosing any money which is unusual for a new car. I then bought the 4mo for reasons I've stated before,cost, reliability, tuning potential and only later found out the club was this friendly and made some good friends.