De Cat Pipes & MOT ??

Right i need to know for sure if you have a decat pipe fitted will car fail MOT emissions test ?

Only ( again reading Redline ) the R32 on page 83 had it's cat removed and replaced with de cat pipe and it passed emmissons test is this total horse do do ??? I know all the malarky that surrounds the Lamda sensor etc etc...

I just want to know will my OBDI VR6 pass emmisions if i de cat it ???

Thanks

They put the vehicles age and model into the computer system, this knows wether there should be a cat or not, then they stick the probe up the pipe and do the test.......with a "kind/nice" tester the test can be modified!!!!!! to seem like it was done with cat in place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get to knowan MOT tester...one of my best mates is an MOT tester I do him favours on his motorbike, he looks after my car (nudge nudge)

if it goes in as a mk3 vr it's tested as a mk3 vr, and i beleive they all had/have cat's. the cat is just there to reduce emmision's. if you can get them low enough, then it'll pass as the cat is not needed to reduce the emmisions. most tester's dont care if the cat is there or not so long as the emmisions aint stupidly high. just ask the bloke to go easy on it. i usually do and just end up with a slightly longer list of advisories and a bill for a new bulb or some thing silly as apposed to fail's

• 2 weeks later...