kinetic motorsport turbo kit.

hi all fairly new to the forum, been reading loads but not posted much as yet, but have to say its a great site!

and now for my first question lol.......

kinetic motorsport vr6 turbo kits,( http://www.kineticmotorsport.com/products/KINETIC_MOTORSPORT_STAGE1_MKII_III_VR6_TURBO_KIT_ODB1_95-158-99.html ) anybody have one or know much about them? the kit seems pretty good but cant seem to find anyone over here thats using one, however in the states seems to be quite a few with good reviews. its for my mk2 golf vr6 obd1 have been looking at buying everything individualy but this kit seems good for the price. any advice anyone? looking for 300bhp ish.

cheers ash

yeah i know about the headspacer and bits but once this was running and was happy i could always up the psi and add the intercooler and head spacer then, or maybe i should just do it all in one hit? any advice on where to get a good priced garret gt3076r?

mani should work ok as it sits the turbo furtehr down

but like calico said you'd need to lower the comp and get it intercooled. plus the software they send wont be suitable for a UK car, plus youre gonna get stung with a big import duty and VAT bill

people on here have proven that you cna get a VRT up and running and producing respectable figures for about £1k, you just gotta score some bargains, learn how to fit stuff yourself, and get friendly with a decent welder

how come it needs a rebuild if only a year old? sorry to be nosey lol' date=' im just lookin at the min getting ready to buy parts early new year thanks

[/quote']

blew my engine and damaged the tubby, still spins fine but makes noise so needs new insides. see how much a rebuild costs , i was told around £4-500 i got a new gt35r to replace it.

yep, you pay for a big expensive brand name! not saying theyre not good, theyve got a long proven track record. but so have holset, and people in other car scenes have been using them to great effect for years. the swede's love em, and we know they produce some crazy powered cars! also theyre roots are in commercial vehicles, so theyre hugely reliable, but they dont spend a fortune marketing themselves to the performance market, which is why they can be priced more competatively