Chris Knott Problem - Help Please!!

I've got two cars - a supercharged Golf and a Focus ST - insured with Chris Knott at the moment paying £39.95 for both per month by DD. The Focus was insured for the year and the Golf for 8 months for that price.

I've today had the renewal through for the Golf which quotes a price of £56.40 for the Golf plus the £39.95 for the Focus continuing per month!!! I was shocked because that's like charging me the extra £56.40 pm for 3 months extra insurance! Plus paying for the golf twice as the first DD is remaining the same!

I called the Chris Knott call centre and got through to a woman who at first tried to tell me the £39.95 was only for the Focus and that the Golf wasn't insured at all - erm I have policy documents and a copy of the direct debit agreement that has both cars listed!

She then changed her mind and said that was the best quote they could do and that "there's nothing I can do about it - the economic crisis has put prices up"......huh? seriously?

I told her that I wanted to cancel renewal of the Golf as £56.40 for an 3 extra months plus not reducing the current direct debit was ridiculous - especially as I'm 36 years old with 7 years no claims - I have never in my life paid £100 per month for car insurance even when I was younger!!

She said fine and didn't seem bothered to be losing custom. I'd have thought with Chris Knott being so active on this forum and the focus forum that they would look out for their existing customers. And the woman I spoke to was the least helpful customer adviser I've ever spoken to! She couldn't care less!

So does anyone know of/have experience with a insurance company who would be willing to cover my modified cars??

Thanks

Stuart

• 2 weeks later...