the plastic arch trims

DSC05318.jpg

i want to remove the arch trims on my vr................

if i remove them will i need new door trims that go out a wee bit futher at the back and is there a wee bit that would fit at the front????

i have had a wee look and can't see what i'm meaning on other vr's..............

the ones with no arch trims have different shaped colour coded door trims and are later models than mine.

if anyone can help and tell me what and where to buy the bits that would be super!

well i thought that you could have just removed the arches and not even touch your side strips without anything looking out of place' date='when i took the arches of my old car i didnt notice anything,(ohh apart from rust) beware there may be RUST!

[/quote']

ha ha the dreaded rust!!!!! i'm ready for it!!!!

is the wee bit not attatched to front arch?????? look below................

DSC05319.jpg

yes you just need a new end piece like this one on mine mate :)

1288542990_5463_FT399027_front_rim_.jpg

cheers dude,

have you got a photo of your car, full side on please or can i see a build thread on here?

is that the only bit i need or is there a bit at the back required?

do you know if these parts are avalible from vw or where can i buy?

many thanks for your help!:)

if your after a set I might have a full set for sale mate !! ;) am breaking my car at the mo !!

thats handy!!!!!! (6)

i have found a set of smoothed ones on ebay (guy on edition) from a later vr6 and he says they clip straight on.........

only problem is i would need to smooth the tops of my bumpers to make it look right,.............no?!? *-)

much you want for them???? 8-|

• 2 weeks later...