what aftermarket door speakers?

i want to upgrade my standard speakers to some what can handle a bit more wattage, has anyone bought any recently that do just that? how deep can the speakers be to fit in the oem pods and be able to use the original speaker covers? any help would be great and any for sale would be even better,and id also like to know if the dash speakers are just tweeters?would these be ok to fit in there http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-Golf-MK3-Mac-Audio-Front-Dash-Speaker-Kit-Speakers-/160478052162?pt=UK_Audio_TV_Electronics_In_Car_Entertainment_GPS_Car_Speakers_PP&hash=item255d3cbf42#ht_2690wt_1017 ??

thanks in advance

http://www.dvbcaraudio.co.uk/alpine-spe17sf-shallow-mount-watt-component-speakers-p-3645.html i had these before and never had any problems, i think the 6.5s are the ones you need but ud need to measure urs just in case. you also may need a new mounting kit but i think its all built in to the door cards on the vrs! yes tweetrs are on the dash but you can splice the mounts to fit your own tweeters no problem at all :) hope that helps.

I've just had the fronts changed to JL Audio 6.5 compnents, the rears are being done this week. but fronts are MUCH better than standard, while probably not as good as the focals, they aren't as expensive either, I got my for £120 on a deal from £180.

Will let you know how the rears do, but then I'm having mid range speakers in the rear without tweeters as I am amping it all up eventually, with a small (10 inch) sub in the boot.

these £100 odd pounds for speakers aint looking good!

???what you mean..........ellaborate........You gets what you pays for.....unless you're fitting an alba or amstrad system into your car it's gonna cost you a little bit of your hard earned wedge to improve your sounds.....

lol' date='well il go second hand,i should have kept the caliber comps out my old 1 :( i sold um for £25 quid,lol

if the person i sold them to reads this,,, il give you 30 for them :)

[/quote']

Um.. Yeah that'll be me n sorry no can do I'm afraid, their currently in storage waitin for me to get all the other ice I'm wantin before mass instal day :-)

If all goes to pot tho I'll let u know

Bk to thread tho.... Vibe black air are meant to be good and can be bought for £50 if u look in the right place

The standard cableing is able to handle the power. I'm running a 4 x 60watt alpine head unit, and the cableing is ok. the main reason for changing speaker cable is for improved sound quality through a more efficient delivery of the signal from the head unit to the speakers..........

i got some inphase XTC6 components for 80 quid and they will go all the way up on my alpine 9886R. The backs are also shallow enough to not foul up on the window system

thanks for the offer mate but thats a bit outta my range,,i might get these,http://www.bassjunkies.com/audio/audiobahn-as62v (if they dont foul)

i have some focal components that fit in the original pods' date=' They sound amazing, will post a pic and part numbers for you if you like?

[/quote']

Which model did you get? Did you amp them?

yes they are running off a seperate amp, unsure of the part no but i can have a look this evening at my receipts if you want and let you know