Ecotec Valve - tried today

Fitted an ecotec valve to my car today after doing alot of research. !st time round i got a mechanic to fit. after 15 min i took it out for a test drive and come back very disapointed. it done nothing apart fromsort my tickover problem out. so i had a go my self. folloed the instructions and retuned. took it for another test drive and boy am i impressed.It has more torque down low and accelerates faster and smoother. so for a 25 quid buy from ebay i pleased. Now i no there are alot of sceptics and alot of good reviews. and i no people have tried them and they havent worked. but im pretty sure if it hasnt worked it hasnt been fitted right. 20mm is all the play you have to tune it right. so if its out by tht it wont work. And iv also got the bonus of no stalling at juntions etc. It might be just a simple device but this doesnt mean its not gonna work. cause it really does.It doesnt have big benifits in bhp but im havin a very rough guess at 10bhp. it give me about the same as my exhaust, not huge but noticeable.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got one of these on my VR as it was one when I bought it so can't say whether it's any good or not. However I can say it does not over fuel in anyway whatsoever, whilst on the rolling road yesterday my fuelling was spot on all the way across the rev range.

My fuel economy is no different to anyone else's I averaged 30-33mpg on a recent long motorway run.

Just out of interest where is yours situated mate....mine is here

IMG_4038.jpg

I've got one of these on my VR as it was one when I bought it so can't say whether it's any good or not. However I can say it does not over fuel in anyway whatsoever' date=' whilst on the rolling road yesterday my fuelling was spot on all the way across the rev range.

My fuel economy is no different to anyone else's I averaged 30-33mpg on a recent long motorway run.

[/quote']

how do u know it was spot on - what were the afr reading from the rolling road then ? thats pretty rubbish fuel economy I was getting more than that from a supercharged vr on motorway journeys !!

and if it doesnt work by overfueling how does it work then ? as I read this " Firstly, it collapses the manifold vacuum allowing briefly for a richer mixture" as over fueling

no it creates turbulance in inlet manifold for better combustion. read up on there site. and it does work . either tht or a witch has cast a go faster and go smoother spell on my car.

oh it says it on their site !! it must be true then :-|

I can only imagine the epic bhp gains you would see when combined with one of these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-GOLF-POLO-ELECTRIC-SUPERCHARGER-AIR-INDUCTION-KIT-/150501100791?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item230a908cf7 as according to them it gives 20% performance increase !!

i didnt say its give me a massive increase did i? Im not trying to cause an arguement mate, i just felt my car has benifited and wanted other members to get the benifit if they decided they wanted to install. this is how they say it works On the majority of cars the CB-26P device works in at least two distinct ways to improve performance.

Firstly, it collapses the manifold vacuum allowing briefly for a richer mixture on the re-application of a trailing throttle - thus significantly improving throttle response.

Secondly, it creates an element of off-throttle turbulence making acceleration smoother and more urgent.

Turbulence in the inlet manifold is also known to reduce fluctuations in operating efficiency and flat spots.

This helps prevent hesitation caused by petrol vaporisation at high temperatures ,as well as the effects of performance tuning through high lift cams and competition exhaust systems.

The mapping of a number of modern engines also has a tendency to favour fuel consumption and emissions and this creates flat spots, especially through the gears.

The CB-26P is known to cure these problems and tests at Prodrive Laboratories prove that it can do this and still sustain improvements in economy

oh it says it on their site !! it must be true then :-|

I can only imagine the epic bhp gains you would see when combined with one of these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-GOLF-POLO-ELECTRIC-SUPERCHARGER-AIR-INDUCTION-KIT-/150501100791?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item230a908cf7 as according to them it gives 20% performance increase !!

Oh isn't it true then....How gutting....and I was sooooo looking forward to some ultra cheap horsepower!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dam.....

Oh yeah get your claws in you pair....meeeeoooowwww

Lol in my own experiance it works m8. im not gonna big it up if it doesnt. why would i?. in bens experiance it doesnt work. even though hes not even fitted 1 lol. Iv also heard stealth install them. might ot be true. And evry1 that i no with performance cars has installed them and saw a small but worthwhile power increase in acceleration more so.

Don no it is true mate they say so !!! ;)

I am sorry but inmo these are rubbish and will do more harm than good in the long run ! I can read what they have written on their site but I dont buy it !! a £25 valve is not going to do what they claim otherwise every single vw owner would have one fitted wouldnt they ??

I've got one of these on my VR as it was one when I bought it so can't say whether it's any good or not. However I can say it does not over fuel in anyway whatsoever' date=' whilst on the rolling road yesterday my fuelling was spot on all the way across the rev range.

[/quote']

how do u know it was spot on - what were the afr reading from the rolling road then ? thats pretty rubbish fuel economy I was getting more than that from a supercharged vr on motorway journeys !!

and if it doesnt work by overfueling how does it work then ? as I read this " Firstly, it collapses the manifold vacuum allowing briefly for a richer mixture" as over fueling

Ben have I upset you or something as you seem to a little angry.....the dyno guys have a constant reading of fuelling whilst the run goes ahead....any problems with fuelling and he tells you. I'm in no way an expert but he did tell others to adjust fuelling as necessary...mine he said had no problems and was 'spot on'. I think the problem here is the wording...In my opinion over fuelling is using considerably more fuel constantly .....however 'allowing briefly for a richer mixture' is yes over fuelling but for maybe a split second to in there words 'eliminate the flat spots'.

Now Ben I have no idea if this actually works or not as I have said, but I see no excess use of fuel on my car my MPG was a recent 150 mile run at varying motorway speeds and around town it is average......for you to say that is rubbish without knowing what speeds I was doing or how I was driving seems a bit harsh but hey thats your opinion maybe one day I will rise to the dizzy heights of reaching better fuel economy figures such as yours.

It prob works for you mate but there is a lot of little mods on the market that boast massive power gains and they all turn out to be useless or damaging to the engine. Thats all Ben's saying and talks of 10bhp+ gains from a little device cost £25 when schrick cams and such mods costing hundreds are only adding around 15bhp I think (I am not 100% sure what these cams add).

The electric blower with 20% power gains this only applies if your engine is a 3hp lawn mower then you will get 20% more lol

Does anyone have any experience of them I think we need to organise a group buy lol I would love to see a before and after dyno print out on that.

I could put links up that show people that have had good results ben, that link means nothin. 1 of them hgas fitted it to a diesel whichthey dont even work on. hardly a good source of info hey. what about pro drives dyno results, and the rest of the independent companies that have tested it. It might be simple but it works. But you no better cause you tried it.