Ecotec Valve - tried today

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have.....unfortunately they just cause major drag on the car causing it to slow down' date=' but i heard if you drill holes in the front of your car it will go quicker.....as shown by my detailed diagram....[img']http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy355/editionmatt/chart.png

I think your graph is back to front, surely the without hole reading should be first, this would then show a possitive gain in thge drag as you say, but the way it is shown, would suggest drag goes down.................!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Removed my Eco-valve today as I was doing some engine work......drove it home (15 miles) and I can honestly say the car felt terrible....lack of power throughout the rev range.......

Joking lol its off and first impressions is that it is no different. Haven't really pushed the engine yet as I have just fitted a new thermo housing so want that to settle in first and check its not leaking.

Will look at MPG over the coming week see if there is any drastic change.

LOL, what a thread!

I ran one of these Geekotec valves 10 years ago on my 16V and all I noticed was a loud and irritating sucking noise. Nothing else.

If you notice a big improvement running one of these things, then the engine wasn't running properly in the first place and an air leak in the intake is just band aiding it.

And in actual fact, you're supposed to run 2 of these things on the VR6 because of it's capacity (double the power, whoo hoo!) so I wouldn't listen to any reviews where 1 was used.

Pure Snake Oil. That is all :-)