Which Cam to go with for N/A?

Hi all,

There seem to quite a few choices out there.

I've read some good press on the Schimmel 263/263 cams for £307 delivered from the US!

Schrick seem really expensive at £550+ for 264/260

Newman 264/264 for £352.

It seems like a obvious choice the Schimmel cams at that cost. Even second hand they are all expensive to a degree.

So what cams do you have and whats your thoughts?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah I ran 263's in mine mate before I added the charger on and it was fine :) never had a problem with it running lumpy you obviously need to have it mapped in order to get all the advantages etc and that will iron out any idle issues, really really improve low down power and torque inmo too :) I loved them

That's just a generic link mate, the forum automatically links certain words, like group buy, stealth etc etc

I imported around 70 sets I think, over 2 Group buys and from memory they were less than £200 posted. The original GB has been deleted on the forum I hosted it on.

The dollar was weaker back then and we bought a lot, so got a good deal.

Sadly, that was the last GB they would do for us.

Ah thats a really shame Kev. I contacted Bill and he will do a deal at £307 delivered to your door on a 3 business day courier.

£307 delivered, for a proven cam is a very good price to be fair. Everyone who's used them has been please. Smoother idle than stock in nearly all cases, stronger bottom end and stronger top end. Defo worth 300 notes :-)

can anyone compare the DRC 268's to the schimmel 263's? both get good reports. im looking to buy some cams soon and im split between these two

Without seeing the cam maps for both, it's hard to say which is best. The American cams are all very similar in terms of lift, lobe seperation and overlap though. I suspect the 268s will have a little more overlap, which is good for NA and turbo, but not so good for S/C.

Ah thats a really shame Kev. I contacted Bill and he will do a deal at £307 delivered to your door on a 3 business day courier.

£307 delivered' date=' for a proven cam is a very good price to be fair. Everyone who's used them has been please. Smoother idle than stock in nearly all cases, stronger bottom end and stronger top end. Defo worth 300 notes :-)

[/quote']

Looks like thats the next buy with the C2 ECU.

I do want what bhp and torque I will get with the cams, schrick manifold, bmc cda and C2 ECU?