Which Cam to go with for N/A?

Ah thats a really shame Kev. I contacted Bill and he will do a deal at £307 delivered to your door on a 3 business day courier.

£307 delivered' date=' for a proven cam is a very good price to be fair. Everyone who's used them has been please. Smoother idle than stock in nearly all cases, stronger bottom end and stronger top end. Defo worth 300 notes :-)

[/quote']

Looks like thats the next buy with the C2 ECU.

I do want what bhp and torque I will get with the cams, schrick manifold, bmc cda and C2 ECU?

Don't hold me on this but i think with all that and a modified TB you 'could' see around 200-220BHP IIRC. It will be Torque Tastic (H)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, in the days before forced induction the "Big 3" used to make around 225-230hp.

Said 3 being:-

Schrick VGI intake

Schrick 268 cams

AMD Enlarged throttle body

And by the latter, I mean a bigger throttle plate, not one of those pointless mirror polished things you see on ebay.

Aplina527@aol.com actually made the throttles for AMD back in the day and he still does them now as far as I know. Used to be £150 exchange. not sure what they are now. A very nice guy to deal with.

If you're loaded, you could try the "Big 4" which adds a Schrick Big valve head to the party too.

VR6s do respond well to bigger valves along side cams and better intakes.

Ultimately the head itself is the bottleneck, which is why VW were forced to make a 24V version.

From just 263 cams, CDA, remap etc, aim for 205-210. If it's any more that's a brucey bonus!

Yeah' date=' in the days before forced induction the "Big 3" used to make around 225-230hp.

Said 3 being:-

Schrick VGI intake

Schrick 268 cams

AMD Enlarged throttle body

And by the latter, I mean a bigger throttle plate, not one of those pointless mirror polished things you see on ebay.

Aplina527@aol.com actually made the throttles for AMD back in the day and he still does them now as far as I know. Used to be £150 exchange. not sure what they are now. A very nice guy to deal with.

If you're loaded, you could try the "Big 4" which adds a Schrick Big valve head to the party too.

VR6s do respond well to bigger valves along side cams and better intakes.

Ultimately the head itself is the bottleneck, which is why VW were forced to make a 24V version.

From just 263 cams, CDA, remap etc, aim for 205-210. If it's any more that's a brucey bonus!

[/quote']

Sounds good to me...

N/A for me at the moment Kev. Insurance is crazy.

my mk2 mate... 218BHP with low comp 2.9 Wossner pistons' date=' stock cams, BVH, Schrick, BMC CDA, remap. 6 branch - decat, and I had a quaiffe LSD and G60 final drive in there for good measure...

[/quote']

That little lot in a MK2 would give a MK3 or Corrado VR6 S/C a damn good run for it's money!! Good skills that man, what a fine setup :-) Probably would have a smidge more with 10:1 pistons.

FunkyFive, if insurance is a killer, go for max accerlation mate. Forget top speed. Go for the G60 final drive like Pete did. Really makes the VR come alive, so much more accelerative.

Yes Petes car shifted very quikly in its mk3 guise.

Tony should be able to do a G60 FD but it wouldnt be an "on the drive" adition tho.

Might be easier to find a gearbox and get the FD put into that then sell your box on

Ah ok craig so are gearboxes expensive? And is the G60 final drive easy to get hold off? This will be in next years budget

PS. I am still gutted about yr kit and insurance!!!!

The 3.68:1 crown wheel is over £200+VAT from VW, so s/hand is your only realistic option really. I paid 50 quid for mine.

Stealth rebuild gearboxes quite often and usually have crown wheels kicking around, that's where I got mine from. Or there's a guy on ClubGTI called 'HotGolf' who also builds boxes and usually has some.

As advised, get another gearbox to build up in the meantime, then you can just swap em over at your leisure. Good time to bung an LSD in whilst you're there :-) You'll be loving the traction and acceleration out of corners!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys

Would anyone know the difference driveablilty wise between Schimmel 263 and DRC 268 Cams. I am looking to get one of the two but dont know what is best for my car.

Im not looking at silly power upgrades or FI, I just want a nice NA car with good driveability, a decent amount of low end and midrange torque but dont want to sacrifice the high end power as a tradeoff.

Car already has an exhaust and a filter - cams and a remap will be next and if I can at a later stage a raceland 6 branch and possibly a decat - if I can figure away around the MOT failure without having to remove the decat and put the cat back on all the time.

Then I will worry about the bodywork lol.

Any advice is appreciated.

Hi funky five.

Had a quick read earlier today mate. I know DRC Cams are very cheap, and speaking to Vince at Stealth he recommended schimmel 263 (i think) as an alternative to the VGI manifold because that is too much cash for me.

From what I know now 268 make mid and top range power while 263 give power through out the range.

I would also be interested in a set of 263's in the new year, by then hopefully I will have a job and my mrs can go back to eating baked beans and bread while I spend money on the VR lol...