BUG JAM 25 - Friday 22nd to Sunday 24th July 2011

Apparently a lot of people got turned away even with advance tickets. Bug jam put up an official statement of apology and will refund any tickets returned to them.

Their website states this..

Santa Pod Raceway would like to make the following official statement:

Our venue is now completely full and we are left with no alternative but to close the festival to all additional visitors including those who may already have booked tickets in advance.

This is not a decision we take lightly but unfortunately we significantly underestimated the number of people entering the venue early on Friday. This combined with the unusually large plots taken by campers means we have simply run out of space including all of our reserve camping fields.

We understand the huge inconvenience this may cause and realize that no apology can in any way make up for this. The small number of advance ticket holders affected by this will, of course, be reimbursed in full. Tickets should be returned to us at the following address.

Santa Pod Raceway, Airfield Rd, Podington, Wellingborough, Northants. NN29 7XA. Telephone queries to (01234) 782828

Once again we are sorry for the disappointment this may cause.

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently a lot of people got turned away even with advance tickets. Bug jam put up an official statement of apology and will refund any tickets returned to them.

This was the statement.

Their website states this..

Santa Pod Raceway would like to make the following official statement:

Our venue is now completely full and we are left with no alternative but to close the festival to all additional visitors including those who may already have booked tickets in advance.

This is not a decision we take lightly but unfortunately we significantly underestimated the number of people entering the venue early on Friday. This combined with the unusually large plots taken by campers means we have simply run out of space including all of our reserve camping fields.

We understand the huge inconvenience this may cause and realize that no apology can in any way make up for this. The small number of advance ticket holders affected by this will' date=' of course, be reimbursed in full. Tickets should be returned to us at the following address.

Santa Pod Raceway, Airfield Rd, Podington, Wellingborough, Northants. NN29 7XA. Telephone queries to (01234) 782828

Once again we are sorry for the disappointment this may cause.

[/quote']

I got this email, not good really someone did the sums wrong day tickets shouldn't have been sold if advance were paid for!!

I think club campers should have been ok as this was prebooked room?! shame for chris

Yeah. I think they just underestimated the turnout by quite a way.

Turning up early is def for the best!!

It was a great weekend though and in many ways was brilliantly organised. They even set up a park and ride for day visitors as the camping, overspill camping and all carparks were full so they had to park people off site!! I just don't think anyone expected the turnout that happened. It's the first time I've heard of it at any show. It's a shame for those who couldn't get in.

I called santa pod this morning and they could not have been more apologetic.

the are going to refund my ticket price for the weekend and also are going to give me a couple of free tickets to next years bugjam..

Disapointed at the time but sht happens

i turned up saturday got on the field on the left,(before the entrance) and told them a story at the gate about how i lost my wristband mending my mates car,(but found his ticket) i actually liked the story, and she must have belived me haha it saved me £45! :P

i turned up saturday got on the field on the left,(before the entrance) and told them a story at the gate about how i lost my wristband mending my mates car,(but found his ticket) i actually liked the story, and she must have belived me haha it saved me £45! :P

[/quote1311614628

Im sure everyone who payed to get in to this event and the ones that couldnt get in thinks your brilliant !!

if you thought i was doing 90mile then just gonna say ok and turn around without trying it on.think again! otherwise i would have been one of the disapointed people,i used my head as i knew there was no other way in. sorry

well my mate was on the field on the left, i phoned them up and the guard on his field said it would be ok for me to put my car near his as there was space, then when i was walking down to the entrance someone was on about them not letting people in so i said to my mate go in, had his ticket, (mate told me that they said if you lose your wristband come back and get another) so thats what i said,if they wasnt turning people away i would have happily paid the fee in, if he would have been inside the grounds(not the reserve field) i would have had no chance,luckily enough it wasnt the case :)

[/quote1311614628

Im sure everyone who payed to get in to this event and the ones that couldnt get in thinks your brilliant !!

Jimmy...

What a star...

Next year share your tricks with us and let me know how to get in with a ticket on the friday!!

may see you all there am leaving north london tomorrow about 11am

camping in club camping with Tidy Vag

yuo dressing up Anna?!

no saving my dressing up for national priate day on august the 5th lol

Never know the 2 clubs could be next to each other.

How weird the 2 clubs were next to each other hahahaha