Bungy's 4motion turbo in progress

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does it feel now mate ??

I'll be driving it to work tomorrow and getting the alignment rechecked on monday. I'm hoping it will be a noticeable difference. Gave it a quick clean and put it away again. Bodywork will happen next year including smoothing the bonnet and bumper infill.

IMG_1442.jpg

• 1 month later...

Well after reading and researching a bit I jumped in and bought upper and lower strut braces. They are Audi S3 items and fit like a glove.

IMG_0461.jpg

IMG_0459.jpg

The fit is really good and follows the contours well including the bonnet strut plate. My only concern is the proximity to the throttle body area but I have a plan for that if it becomes a problem. It is harder to take pictures of the lower but the holes for the gruvnuts were already there so no drilling required under the car.

IMG_0465.jpg

With both fitted i'm sure they will stiffen things up nicely and if they are usefull on an S3 then i'm sure they will add to my 4mo. The intention is to colour code the upper later when I get some other paint work done.

did you have to drill the holes in the strut towers?

very nice OEM looking with it contouring around everything perfectly

I'm pleased with the fit and as they are VAG parts they are in keeping with the car. Should of been original fit anyway really. I did have to drill the 6x10mm holes but was happy I could weld them up again if need be...