Bungy's 4motion turbo in progress

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was offered a set of front brakes to upgrade from the single piston 312mm ones fitted to the 4motion to the twin piston 334mm ones fitted to the R32. Included in the package was some Tarox dimpled and grooved discs, Red Stuff pads and Goodridge hoses. All of this came from Paul Parky and so thank you very much mate. I set about prepping, cleaning and painting everything prior to starting the installation which was very simple as they are a direct fit. I did test fit the one of the alloys and the clearance is very small but acceptable.

IMG_0517.jpg

The 312mm setup is now for sale as no longer needed http://www.vr6oc.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?434422

nice' date=' whats it like with the wheel on? All disc? :-)

[/quote']

I'm running 17's so there is minimal clearance between caliper and wheel. Looks good though. Just need to finish bleeding the system. No air coming out but long pedal travel.

Another job today was to replace my air-con compressor "O" seals. At Christmas when Paul and myself fitted the head spacer we noticed my green stained compressor from a failed "O" seal.

IMG_1415.jpg

I did originally think that I'd have to remove the front end to replace the seals but Matt from United Motorsport explained that it was possible to reach from underneath and this I did.

The compressor with both hoses disconnected from beneath and no need for gas reclaimation after it had been lost through the leak anyway.

IMG_0523.jpg

The die staining from where it had leaked.

IMG_0524.jpg

And a comparison between old and new seals and the ragged one that failed stained with refrigerant die.

IMG_0526.jpg

Just need to find somewhere to re-gas it now.

TBF it is probably easier and cheaper to get someone to charge it. I would be happy doing it myself but those little bottles you can buy are only top-ups and this needs a full re-gas.

I was offered a set of front brakes to upgrade from the single piston 312mm ones fitted to the 4motion to the twin piston 334mm ones fitted to the R32. Included in the package was some Tarox dimpled and grooved discs' date=' Red Stuff pads and Goodridge hoses. All of this came from Paul Parky and so thank you very much mate. I set about prepping, cleaning and painting everything prior to starting the installation which was very simple as they are a direct fit. I did test fit the one of the alloys and the clearance is very small but acceptable.

[img']http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p261/adeploc/Golf%204%20motion/IMG_0517.jpg

The 312mm setup is now for sale as no longer needed http://www.vr6oc.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?434422

Just been thinking....aint the discs on wrong way round. As in need swapping side to side, ive always had disc so pattern kinda goes other way

Mine are also fittest the same as marks been assured this is the correct way round.

Yeah that the right way, i think there might even be an arrow on the discs? But i had them that way, i think i had the calipers the other way though..... ;)