Feelin the pinch !!!

Anyone feelin the pinch yet, what with fuel prices being phenominally rediculous, and the fact that VR's don't exactly sip petrol. I am having to drive like a right fanny, proper grandad stylee. gentle acceleration, straight into fifth, freewheel downhill just so I have enough fuel to boot it when some nobber wants a race. I dread the day it goes up so much I really have to seriously consider getting a piddly little petrol friendly car.

Yeh im feeling it to. mines going off the road tomo :( needs engine work to it and its a daily so got know choice :( have to use the peasant wagon (bus) to go to work for little while i look for a cheap run about for time. hopefuly i'll have some more monies coming my way in few weeks time. either new car or carry on with the vr. fancy mk2 vr6 :D

Public sector pay freeze this year aswell' date=' interest rates will go up and the full squeeze of the VAT increase hasn't been passed on to the consumer yet. It will get a lot worse...

[/quote']

I work in the public sector and as well as having a pay freeze this year, we are taking a pay cut of an hour a week.

Im realy thinking about getting one of them citroen Ax diesel to run around in :(

yer im feeling the pinch ! but the bloody motor aint working right so i have no means of transport apart fromn the work van ! i was looking into getting an audi a4 1.9tdi 50 miles to the gallon ! that would be a big improvement ! from the vr's 2 mile to the gallon ! lol drinks more then a student lol

Definitley feeling it, its so depressing :(

Im looking at doing my CBT so I can invest in a little scooter to get to work and back. VR6 was never suitable as a daily car but now it's just a joke! Ive put £50 worth of petrol in it over the past 3-4 days and its on the red again...

:(